I jumped the gun. My apologies! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I jumped the gun. My apologies!

A quick statement.

I jumped the gun the other day when i said that the parts I received from Mark at CarbonPartz.com were dented and dimpled. That wasn't the whole story and I was a dick because of the following: The problem is that I posted that particular complaint prior to receiving a response from Mark after emailing him about the problems with the part. I simply posted and bashed the guy on this forum before having a chance for the guy to respond to my email regarding the issue. Anyways, I feel obligated to post that the owner of Carbonpartz.com offered to pay for the return of the flawed item and for him to resend a Brand New Carbon Front Fender. Also, Mark from Carbon Partz.com has been more than helpful and has offered tons of suggestions and ideas regarding the upgrading of my bike. My apologies for bashing the guy without reason. I was frustrated at the time and jumped the gun and made statements that I regret. -Chef Luis Pernia

Last edited by yumyumchef; 03-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's was cool. I see that your in birmingham so am I, What area you in ?

Last edited by kpowe1; 03-28-2012 at 06:23 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Respect that......my biggest challenge is remembering there's always two side to every story.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Hey that's very awesome of you to step up and say that. I'm sure he never ment to give you a defective part to begin with. But stepping up and saying sorry well that proves that there is people with integrity out there still

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Thats good that is fixing this, but the fact still remains that he sent a crap product. I do powder coating and hobby fiberglass/carbon fiber and it is not a process that is so simple that even small defects would go unnoticed. There is alot of hands on time with the part before and after it comes out of the mold, maybe it was an honest mistake or he was rushing to get the part out to you... i dont know.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
He is just doing his best to please you since he is banned over here and can't berate you on a forum while attempting to defend himself. You should have posted it on speedzilla and watched the hilarity ensue. Guaranteed you would be called a troll and a newb at least once by Mark.

In my opinion the guy and his parts are a joke. He is hit or miss, and you never know what you are going to get. Some people have zero problems with his work, and some have nothing but problems. Some get great customer service, and some get insane emails and threats of lawsuits. Another problem is that you never know what is considered "good work" to different people. Some people might just see something glossy made of carbon fiber and think it is awesome and whoever made it is a miracle worker, but others will notice pin holes, milky resin, cracks, horrible fitting etc etc and think the maker is a hack. You just never know when it comes to the standards of other random people on the Internet.

The same thing happens with those Chinese fairings. A trained eye, or someone detail oriented like myself will look at them and think they are all complete shit. Someone who has never seen a polished turd will think the are the shit.

That is just my opinion. It sounds like he is trying to do you right, so I guess that is good thing.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Much respect Yum...much respect. Going forward, before you twist off....take you a lil shot of what I call "Hold Up' ....type out what ya want to say....walk away from the screen...and just "Hold UP" for a minute. Be surprised at how well it works

2001 SP1 - Code Name F-Bomb - PCIII USB / D&D High Mount System / 42T / EK SRX 530X / CRG Levers / K&N Filters / Stomp Grip / Rev Limiter Mod / Flapper Mod / PAIR Mod / Undertail / Hugger / 6K HID Lights / Speigler lines / Wave Rotors / CF Airbox / Shorai Battery - More to come, as soon as my slush fund get's more "Slushy" !
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Glad it worked out for ya, like b.miller123 said its hit or miss. you are one of the lucky ones.

"...Loctite -- or kiss your nuts goodbye..."
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
No matter what kind of person Mark may be, you did right with this thread Chef Luis. Many words of truth and reason in what you said.
I know Mark; I bought an exhaust system from him. I had a workmanship issue that took a while to get straightened out, but Mark was always respectful and answered all my texts and emails. And the issue was corrected very well. I've seen some provoking behavior from him on this forum, and zilla too, but that wasn't ever directed towards me. I hope he can get more focus on his products, and less on the forum bashing.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

bump! jondog9 . You're absolutely right. Mark from Carbonpartz.com has been very open to creating new partz, whether or not they ts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode