Goodbye for now - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goodbye for now

Well everyone as of last night I got ride of my sp1 I must admit the break up was very hard. When you own a bike as long as i did well for some reason you become attached to the dam thing. Anyways guys this is a short goodbye as I'm in the market for a SP2. I might even give up sportbikes all together. I'm doing some shopping around maybe a HD to slow things up a bit. As some of you may know I really went down hard on my SP1 and hurt my shoulder bad. 31,000 miles of pure pleasure is what I got out of her. I learned so much from this site that I want to thank each and every one of you. I will not be a stranger i will still be active in the site. I did tell the guy that got the bike to please make his way here and he can learn more about what he has. The bike left me with a leaking fuel tank which he's going to need to fix other then that he has a great bike. Kind of funny my wife said to me last night she never seen me this sad well guys I will stay in contact and be safe out there.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Good luck with whatever you choose. Check out the V-rod. They are like sitting on a couch compared to the RC. If I bought a Harley, it would be one of those.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Good luck with whatever you choose. Check out the V-rod. They are like sitting on a couch compared to the RC. If I bought a Harley, it would be one of those.
If I go back to a sport feeling then it will be SP2

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Seriously, if you're considering cruisers to slow it down a bit, I get that. But a Harley?
I say put your money into one of the metric cruisers. Like Yamaha or Honda. The japanese have it all over Harley in cruisers. IMO.
I rode a Yamaha Warrior before I got into sportbikes. Half the price of Harley in the same class. And every bit as cool looking. And Lots of metric cruisers are nice and comfy for passengers too. ie.- the Goldwing or the Yama Stratoliner or RoyalStar. Even a ST1300 or FJR1300 would be a better choice than a Hardley! IMO.
Sorry to see you have to retire the RC (sounds like you're still on the fence), but we gotta do the right thing, whatever that may be. Good luck to you.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Seriously, if you're considering cruisers to slow it down a bit, I get that. But a Harley?
I say put your money into one of the metric cruisers. Like Yamaha or Honda. The japanese have it all over Harley in cruisers. IMO.
I rode a Yamaha Warrior before I got into sportbikes. Half the price of Harley in the same class. And every bit as cool looking. And Lots of metric cruisers are nice and comfy for passengers too. ie.- the Goldwing or the Yama Stratoliner or RoyalStar. Even a ST1300 or FJR1300 would be a better choice than a Hardley! IMO.
Sorry to see you have to retire the RC (sounds like you're still on the fence), but we gotta do the right thing, whatever that may be. Good luck to you.
Hey thanks. And your right about being on the fence. But really something along the lines of a chopper or a cruiser. Maybe all together just stop riding for a bit. Maybe a boat lol

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomoco View Post
Hey thanks. And your right about being on the fence. But really something along the lines of a chopper or a cruiser. Maybe all together just stop riding for a bit. Maybe a boat lol

Be careful if you're gonna consider a boat. More people get burned on first-time-buying a boat. Ask me how I know. Someone once said, the best 2 days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Be careful if you're gonna consider a boat. More people get burned on first-time-buying a boat. Ask me how I know. Someone once said, the best 2 days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it!
Haha thats funny not the first time i've heard that before. But truthfully i really miss my SP1 i would like to get a SP2 and keep it for the weekend rides im going to start looking for one now i want a black model more along the lines of an 06 last year they made them

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Yes, yes... The coveted black bike...

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
That's too funny...I had a 2002 Warrior until I sold it to get my Harley. It's almost not fair comparing the two. The Warrior is so different, very quick. It has a ton of room to customize it anyway you want, plus they're getting pretty cheap. But I have to say, I love the Harley....even though I'll always have a soft spot for the Warrior, I can't go back. Locomoco...hope you find something that works for you and that you stay around. I was a member for a long time before I finally got my RC.

Last edited by YtseJam; 04-19-2012 at 01:08 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Not exactly sure what your physical limitations are but, if i were you i would probably buy a Superduke 990 or something. Sorry to hear about losing the bike, but glad you will still be sticking around.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode