RC51 Forums banner

Billet Triple Clamps

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  MurphyYork 
#1 ·
Has anyone used or seen the Style & Performance triple clamps? Euro To USD puts them around 725 dollars. Far less than Gilles, Harris and Attack. I looked into Harris but the company seems a bit disorganized right now.

#5 ·
everyone ive ever spoken with says the adjustable triples are a waste of $, the RC geometry is perfect. I have Moriwaki endurance upper/lower triples on my sp1 i cant tell the difference except they look really cool.

#7 ·
i guess that makes sense, i suppose at that point most have moved to newer/better bikes. except for idiots like ourselves who just like old outdated v-twin crap ;)

#8 ·
If you personally feel that you are an idiot because you track your slow and old RC that's your hang up.
I track my modern inline 4 race bike as well as my RC, and they are both a blast on the track for different reasons. The RC is naturally a bit front heavy and to have a tool that can change geometry without lowering the front is all good.:wink2:

#9 ·
ive taken a beater sp1 with some decent mods out on the track, i cant say i was outriding it but i certainly felt its age when i hopped on a BMW s1k lol.

the rc serves a different purpose....albeit a slower/heavier purpose, its just not competitive in enough classes anymore to be a real threat to any decent 1000cc so most ive known with deep enough pockets to make the RC fast have moved on to other platforms and the RC remains a garage queen or pet project. I have a set of adjustable triples on the Sp1 but ive never bothered messing with the settings.

#10 ·
Track days are to have fun and to learn no matter what you are on, its not about being a threat to anyone else out there on the track.
And when it comes to spending $ on the RC, there are those that just ride to Starbucks on the RC and have more $ thrown into there bike than most club racers would

#11 ·
the few trackdays i have done, the sp1 is just for fun, i dont think anyone is still running these dinosaurs competitively in any modern class. Competitively i still think the smaller CC classes are more fun for a novice anyways, nothing like a bunch of track junkies on 250cc two strokes!

my RC51 is at this point a very expensive diecast model, i rarely plan to ride it but i sure as heck like to waste $ on it :)

#12 ·
What does any of what you have said clarify why someone is an idiot for choosing an RC for a track bike?

"Adjustable triples are a waste of $, the RC geometry is perfect."

Dude, do you even pay attention to what you type? I guys not, because your only response is been about how the RC is old and overweight in terms of being competitive in racing conditions, which has nothing to do with the topic.

#13 ·
Well done Devil, your replies hit home..."they look really cool.", "pet project", "i sure as heck like to waste $ on it" LOL. These are all the reasons I spend time and money on an outdated bike. The RC just seems to scratch that odd itch and it's cheaper than a mistress...:surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.