brand new 06 RC 51 price? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brand new 06 RC 51 price?

Hi was just woundering what a brand new 06 RC 51 would be worth? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Location? "New," as in still at a dealership? Or something else? Please explain.

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Welcome along. Don't have a current Bluebook value up here for an '06, as they weren't availble up here after '05. Cdn 'clean' on an '05 is $6500, MSRP was $16,599, so US would be mid $5k I reckon. Brand new it's between you and the seller as to what it would be. They're rare enough that if you find one unregistered/new it's liable to be pricey.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
Location? "New," as in still at a dealership? Or something else? Please explain.
Sorry yes new at dealership not reged no miles. Thanks.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahly68 View Post
7 grandish

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
You could be a Fine Sport, and if your own pockets are not deep enough.. Give me a PM, or list a thread of where the dealership is , and their asking price..
If you do not ride it off their lot..
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Retail blue book is $6,435. But that is used, so the dealer will try and charge you a premium above that for a new bike. Somewhere around seven grand would be my guess. There was a guy that had new '04 on eBay at 10k for a while. I don't think it ever sold for that though.

Unless you plan on never riding it, I wouldn't waste the cash on a new one. There are too many low mile garage queens with some farkles out there that could be had for the same money.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahly68 View Post
No prob. FWIW, there was a dealership (late last fall IIRC) near me that had a leftover 05 or 06 model that fetched somewhere around $10K - $11K.

The bike was sold as a new/never titled vehicle, however the dealer/owner did put a few miles on it over the years (still came with a factory warranty since it was never titled before).

The above is just a reference point and there's no telling what the dealership in your neck of the woods is willing to do on pricing. Obviously the dealer will want to sell the bike at MSRP or above and your job is to purchase at invoice or below, the lower the better !

Unless you planned on keeping this new bike as a museum piece (or for some other reason?), I'd look for a well kept, low mileage used bike instead - have plenty of patience and the right bike will come around (for a lot less than what a dealership will require for a new/leftover model).

Your choice, your money - g'luck w/ the search either way !
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
No prob. FWIW, there was a dealership (late last fall IIRC) near me that had a leftover 05 or 06 model that fetched somewhere around $10K - $11K.

The bike was sold as a new/never titled vehicle, however the dealer/owner did put a few miles on it over the years (still came with a factory warranty since it was never titled before).

The above is just a reference point and there's no telling what the dealership in your neck of the woods is willing to do on pricing. Obviously the dealer will want to sell the bike at MSRP or above and your job is to purchase at invoice or below, the lower the better !

Unless you planned on keeping this new bike as a museum piece (or for some other reason?), I'd look for a well kept, low mileage used bike instead - have plenty of patience and the right bike will come around (for a lot less than what a dealership will require for a new/leftover model).

Your choice, your money - g'luck w/ the search either way !
thanks for the advice everyone! I have seen some really nice super low mile bikes I am new to the RC 51 I'm doing my research about them now about what I can and can't do with them
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
It's hard to say what that dealer has in that bike. Don't know if there were any non-current incentives he could have gotten from Honda, but to claim them he'd have had to register the bike as sold to somebody to collect the rebate (if any), which means you wouldn't get a 'new' title or a NVIS with the bike when you purchase it. If he's holding out for MSRP or near to it, he'll need to find someone that is really hungry to buy it. He's obviously paid it out or he'd be paying interest up the yin yang on it, all of which adds to what his cost on the bike is. Personally I'd say he's gonna lose his a$$ on it.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode