Need an RC51 shipped - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
kbb
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need an RC51 shipped

Need some help/opinions on this. Need a bike I bought shipped/delivered from the seller in Colorado to me in the Maryland D.C area. Can't wait for the iffy schedules of big shipping companies. Anyone know of small scale shippers want to make some cash? Will pay well. Need this done quickly unfortunately...flipping the bike. PM with info. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Try Federal motorcycle shipping which is an agent of Allied van lines. I've used them a couple times with great results. Best prices and all have shipped in a week. OR to FL in 7 days, TX to FL in 3 days, NJ to FL in 2 days.

http://www.funtransport.com/
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
kbb
Lifetime Premium

Varium, you rock dude. I'll look into these guys first thing in the morning.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Check UShip, it's like the Ebay of shipping. What happens is you create a free account, describe what you're shipping and where it's going, and shippers bid on your load. You can then choose the best price, the best feedback from other users, the quickest ship time quote...etc. I've used them twice and have been very happy both times.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Before using uship make sure you do a google search for reviews to determine if you want to go with them. Hell, search any company/person for reviews before using them.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Before using uship make sure you do a google search for reviews to determine if you want to go with them. Hell, search any company/person for reviews before using them.
Doesn't sound like you're real familiar with UShip. It's a meeting place where dozens of shippers compete for your shipment, they in turn recieve feedback based on their performance...this way the shipper can evaluate each vendor based on feedback score. It's a great idea....I believe UShip gets about $12 on each shipment. Just another option available.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Actually i am intimately familiar with uship which is why i suggested anyone do their homework before making any decisions.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 01:19 AM

DV transports is bringing my Rc from WV to KS for $425.00, might give them a try [email protected] 316-990-0052
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:39 PM

^ Wish i'd have known about this before booking my last shipment. Although, something strikes me as odd that this is the first post from a brand new member. Coincidence...maybe, hrmmmmm.
So since DV is a middle man that finds transporters i'd be curious to know just who(transporter wise) would be doing the shipping for that amount.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Well, Ive been watching the forums to learn about the bike i ordered. I have no personal interest in dvtransports other than they are the ones bringing it to me. I checked out their DOT number and theyre headquarters are about 15 minutes from me plus they carry $500,000 in insurance I also checked out, so I felt pretty confident in doing business with em. I just saw something and thought it might be helpful., LoL certainly not a spokesperson or salesmen for them. I ordered my Rc, not knowing much about em other than they are sweet, and I've wanted one a long time. So daily for about a week or so I've been trying to read everything I possibly can about them on here. Anyhow, cant wait to get it and when it arrives I'll tell of my total experience with them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode