U-Ship experience w/my new (to me) RC - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
kbb
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
U-Ship experience w/my new (to me) RC

If some of you remember, I was clamoring for a shipper to get an RC51 from a seller in Colorado to me in the Maryland area in a hurry in a specified time. I tried U-ship on the advice of some and the outcome is as follows.....

They fucking SUCK BALLZ.....

Concept is sound but U-Ship doesn't enforce the inherently lazy nature of shippers. They process your bid helluh quick BUT once the bid is accepted by the shipper, U-ship takes their fees and has practically nothing to do with the process of getting the vehicle to it's destination. They post what you're willing to pay to a pool of 'in-network' shippers-and one of them takes a bite.

The shipper for my bike was in the Colorado area. It seemed that this would be convenient enough but then decided that he wanted the vehicle brought to Boulder as opposed to picking it up in Pueblo West, as the agreement stated. A difference of 120 miles that I and the seller would essentially be responsible for making happen. Low.

The shipper was totally non-communicative. Never once called me and called the seller only twice after pestering from me. By this time a full week had passed since the time my payment was processed and this staus update. Mind you, the shipper didn't update me NOR has the bike even been picked up yet.

He also let it slip that he was tring to pick up another bike and car in area which was probably holding up my bike getting to me. I wouldn't mind the delay...if I was informed from the start. I know a shippper has got to make his drive worth while. There, back and in-between. But this situation was totally lacking professionalism

You would think from reading this that I dogging the shipper and not shouldn't be ragging U-Ship. But these holes in the process are exactly what I would expect U-ship would have contingencies for. I've worked for a car dealer for many years. I know what these guys go through and what is expected of them. I gave about 2 weeks for the bike to get here since by bid acceptance. At this point, that goal could not be reached.

This is EXACTLY why people don't buy bikes outside of their immediate area. Luckily, the seller will be willing to hold the bike practically indefintely until I figure something out. BUT I still don't have the bike. I'll try another avenue but I am posting this on other forums as well.

I know that some of you may have been successful as clients of U-ship. But I definitely was not and if you're planning to take advantage of a long-distance deal...make sure you can get it home!

Kev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Glad you posted up your results.....sorry you had trouble.

Lesson learned by your story. This is why I can't stand 3rd party logistics companies....no skin in the game once the job is awarded and agreed to.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 PM

I'm not familiar with uship. What actions are available to you if you get crappy service? Is it like ebay where you can leave feedback? Can you cancel and get refund with that shipper and try another? It's pretty crappy if people can give the type of service they seem to be given you and basically not be held accountable.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I take it you got your money back? At least they didn't ship the bike and fuck it up like they most likely could have.

The thought of having movers transport your stuff is nice, but I don't think I'll ever use them again. My new job paid for them to move everything, but after the hassle and all the broken shit, and they scratched up the frame on my bike, I'll never let movers touch my shit again. And no, they aren't fixing or replacing a damn thing. The great part about the whole process is that you have to submit your damage claims through the shipping company, so they just get to deny all of them and tell you to fuck off. They know that most people will only use movers a couple times in their lives anyways, so they aren't looking for repeat business. They just want to get the most out of every deal they can.

The problem with movers is that they just don't fucking care about your stuff. They just want that check and want to be on their way. If I was you, I would buy a one-way plane ticket and ride the bike back home.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
kbb
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacc View Post
I'm not familiar with uship. What actions are available to you if you get crappy service? Is it like ebay where you can leave feedback? Can you cancel and get refund with that shipper and try another? It's pretty crappy if people can give the type of service they seem to be given you and basically not be held accountable.
They have refunded my money. But just the hassle of even trying with them sucked. As Miller said, this may be worthy of a transport tag and a road trip.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

A trusted motorcycle riding relay network.....I thought of it first.

I got the Indiana leg taken care of.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb View Post
They have refunded my money. But just the hassle of even trying with them sucked. As Miller said, this may be worthy of a transport tag and a road trip.
Most states will give you a trip tag that lasts for 3 days or so. I think here in washington it is only about $30.

And if you are going to do it, now is the best time of year.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year

Last edited by b.miller123; 07-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I've had 4 vehicles shipped, the BIGGEST nightmare I had was when I went directly to a well known shipper. I bought my Willys Jeep from a seller around 400 miles away. The shipper was not only lacking in communication, but after we finally settled on a pick-up time, he called the seller and told them he would be 13 hours LATE. The seller then got myself and the shipper on the line to express our displeasure. The driver ended up cussing out both of us and said he'e heading back to the terminal. The owner of the company apologized, sent a top rated driver specifically to pick up the Jeep, and delivered it...2 days late. I got a tiny discount and a large phone bill trying to get this resolved. What I will say is that every single vehicle I've had shipped arrived in perfect condition, which matters more to me than time. I'm not excusing crappy customer service, but what I am saying is that these horror stories can be found no matter what method you use. Sorry you had a bad experience. UShip makes it clear that they are NOT a shipper, be thankful you got your money back, don't take that aspect for granted...take it from me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 PM

I got kc to st louis!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Who has Montana??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode