Just wanted to say "thanks" - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say "thanks"

Well I've only been here a short while and just wanted to say thank you to all the core members here (new ones too).

Why a "thanks?" Well here's why...well the common bond for one, I know she is old, fat and a little slow but so am I. :-)

Also the politeness on this board for the most part, I'm on a few forums one of them a local board where insults and mockery of newb questions about your bike are so common place I rarely visit there any more.

The last time I posted about mods for the bike all I got was "why waste your time with a relic?" comments, made me wish I could reach through the computer.

So that being said I don't frequent there much. The folks here are pretty helpful and courteous and without insults and hash slinging.

So a big shout out to the "family" here and thanks for being a damn good site for info and
being somewhat drama free.

Lord knows we all have enough drama in our lives...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Slainte! to the Family!!!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
+1 here too great cyber family here with minimal drama

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Well I've only been here a short while and just wanted to say thank you to all the core members here (new ones too).

Why a "thanks?" Well here's why...well the common bond for one, I know she is old, fat and a little slow but so am I. :-)

Also the politeness on this board for the most part, I'm on a few forums one of them a local board where insults and mockery of newb questions about your bike are so common place I rarely visit there any more.

The last time I posted about mods for the bike all I got was "why waste your time with a relic?" comments, made me wish I could reach through the computer.

So that being said I don't frequent there much. The folks here are pretty helpful and courteous and without insults and hash slinging.

So a big shout out to the "family" here and thanks for being a damn good site for info and

That was the example I tried to set years ago when this site was just getting started.
Everybody has questions when starting out or getting new bike.
There's no need to belittle a person if they are simply trying to learn.
It's good to see that it has attracted others with the same attitude.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I was a newb once.....and it sucked to when the cyber bullies pointed out the fact that, yeah some of the questions are stupid....but I didn't know.

The RC is not a relic but a classic

There is a nice mix here that works well.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Well said Nobody !!! Cheers to all the good folk on here !!!
I am still a newbie to all of ya, but thanks for making me feel right at home, kinda like bunch of guys getting together in the shop/garage after hours for sh**s n giggles & bike talk..... It's great !!! Thanks to you all from me as well !!!!

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:

There's a saying, nobody: "Where ignorance predominates, it invariably asserts itself"
And that's precisely what that statement exemplifies. There's a Goldwing forum that I seldom frequent (not even a member) where the "knowledgeable" members go out fo their way to intimidate and embarrass newcomers that just want to learn or are in need of help/clarification. Thankfully my home forum (GWOF) is more level headed, and we apply a similar ethic to what goes on here and it is very repsectful. I know bikes as a long time rider and big time enthusiast, but my shop skills are, em, well they freakin suck! Never has anyone here ever called me stupid (although I'm sure they may have thought it more than once). But I tackle and I learn, sometimes at extra expense, but the next time well, maybe not. Those that choose to belittle rather than assist are just so much dog excrement on my boot heel to be scraped off on the gutter edge. Of course there's the more physical side of a mawashi-geri that is sometimes a more appropriate method but that's rather violent so I leave that untouched.
There's a difference in setting down sound advice in a manner that teaches compared to telling somebody off with the same information. Hat's off to the highly skilled and well seasoned veteran wrenches that abound here and help us fumbling sorts.
Thanks for stating your point so well nobody; couldn't have done it better myself.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

A very well made point and thank you for saying it. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to maintenance of the bike. Sometimes I already know the answer, but it's nice to get clarification from someone who really knows what they're doing. Cuts down on time wasted! I also think it says a lot about the types of riders our bikes attract. We're a discerning bunch and ride our bikes for the sake of riding. Not riding for the sake of trying to show off like so many sport bike riders over here do. I do miss chatting with my riding brothers back in England. Bunch of crazy bastards over there. All riders over there are. But I thoroughly enjoy my time spent chatting on this site.

2000 RC51 SP1
2007 Yamaha YZ450f
2002 Yamaha YZ125 (sold)
2007 Triumph Speed Triple (sold)
2004 Triumph Speed Triple (sold)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (sold)
1996 Honda RVF NC35 (sold)
1983 Kawasaki KX60 (wrecked)
1982 BSA Scrambler (wrecked)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
I knew it was just a matter of time...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode