SPOILER! Motegi Moto GP 2016 ***PICTURE HEAVY! *** - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
SPOILER! Motegi Moto GP 2016 ***PICTURE HEAVY! ***

HUGE thanks to Tyga Performance and SAG Racing who made it possible to attend Motegi's Moto GP this weekend and see the racing closer than ever.

Below are some of my pics from the weekend.

We started Friday with a trip on 3 of my bikes to eat the best Sushi in Tokyo, at Tsukiji fish market. Was the first time these 3 machines or even ourselves had ridden together.

Next day, having driven up to Motegi in my camper the night before and spent the night there, we went to meet the guys at SAG Racing (Moto 2 team), who Tyga Performance are sponsors of.

Naturally the Kalex bike was super cool to look at. Everything is - from Moto 3, all the way to the top.

SAG Racing very kindly provided not just paddock passes for each of us & a parking permit, but Access Road passes, which allow viewing from behind any of the barriers around the track (Same access as the pro photographers have).

Super cool! - These literally made my day on Sunday - big thanks to Tyga Performance & SAG Racing!

Interestingly, around the Access roads the pot hole covers were unique!

First I watched the Moto 2 race, from turn 10 of the circuit, where there was close access to the circuit. Next time I'll have to bring ear plugs!

Took a few pics of the bike sponsored by Tyga for them.

DannyBoy likes this.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Nakagami rode well, but was taken by Morbidelli for 3rd place shortly before the end.

Nakagami.

Thomas Luthi led the entire race to take a deserved win.

BMW's safety car came out then the marshals begun sweeping up the track..

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Being too far to get back, I waited in the shade for the GP race to start and was disappointed to see Rossi hadn't kept first position from his podium start.

Still, it was nice to see how accurate Rossi's lines were.

MM was riding flawlessly too.

Pol Espargaro seemed to be riding well too, often getting his elbow down, although not in this particular picture (already past the apex).

Lap after lap, Lorenzo's left hand seemed to be open as he cornered, making me wonder if he'd damaged it in his high side during practice?

My heart missed a few beats as I watched Rossi lose the front end at turn 10 a few metres from where I stood, coming to an abrupt stop with his right leg trapped beneath the bike. According to Matt & Paul who watched from the SAG Racing pit, the crowds on the grandstands reacted with similar disappointment as they realised Rossi had fallen.

Unhurt, he re-started, but by the time he got going the entire field had passed him and his bike was damaged enough for him to retire.

DannyBoy likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

With warm tyres the engine was easy to re-start, but this was the last time I saw Rossi over the weekend.

Marquez continued to ride flawlessly lap after lap. I don't mind admitting I'd kinda hoped he'd fall off during the race, but it wasn't to be.

Dovi chased down Pol Espargaro, who was making a valiant effort to conserve corner speed, whilst Dovi could relax on corners & use the Duc's grunt to get past.

With Dovi taking a relatively easier 2nd place and Maverick Vinales was similarly very impressive, with his smooth riding style.

DannyBoy likes this.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Aleix Espargaro worked hard to come 4th. It seems the Suzuki continues to go from strength to strength.

Cal Crutchlow also did very well. Can't help wondering just how much HRC has helped him toward the end of the 2016 season as a result of his continued success. Long may it last.

Pol Espargaro was eventually relegated to a respectable 6th position, but never gave up.

Bautista's results on the Aprilia were encouraging too. That factory bike is getting better step by step. Result: 7th.

Petrucci - Result 8th:

DannyBoy likes this.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

This was one of the last pics I took of Lorenzo, before he fell off...

Nakasuga came home a respectable 11th:

Disappointingly, also at his home track Hiroshi Aoyama earned just one point, replacing injured Pedrosa on the factory RCV213, coming in 15th.

Another pic taken toward the end of the race.

As a result of Lorenzo falling towards the end of the race with both he & Rossi unable to secure enough points to beat his total, I realised Marquez was to be crowned 2016 Moto GP champion at Honda's home track, so caught a courtesy car back to the paddock, so I could shoot a couple of pics of MM.

Then I headed into the paddock to take some pics, starting with Parc Ferme.

DannyBoy likes this.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Standing at Parc Ferme afterward watching the podium, the celebrations were mainly from Marques fan area and his team.

The silence from the rest of the crowd in the grandstands behind was deafening. it was clear there was much dissapointment at the way championship had ended this year.

Marquez was jubilant at his triumph.

...and almost hit the person who'd presented the trophy to him as he jumped off the top step of the podium!

Still 3 more races till the championship is over. Rossi stands a good chance of securing 2nd place and I have a feeling he will, but the world over would have loved to see him secure that elusive 10th title.

Was nice to see Colin Edwards present. I wonder if he's been contracted to work with BT sport?
As I don't watch it I don't know so don't quote me on this, but aside from his BT sport t-shirt, his radio mic equipment clearly has "Colin" printed on it. If he's now a presenter, the sport is better off for it, I guess but I'd figured he'd retire to be at home in Texas and on the ranch training riders, etc.

After the celebrations, Marquez quickly returned to the Honda works pit for the usual after-race meeting.

So I took the opportunity to walk through the pits and get a few more pics.

Lorenzo's bike:

Last edited by The Stig; 10-18-2016 at 07:27 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Avintia Racing.

Monster Yamaha tech 3.

Some more of Lorenzo's bike shot hurriedly on the way to watch the podium:

Suzuki:

Usually after the Motegi GP, the crews pack things away pretty quickly, so it's not always easy to get pics. The shots below were taken on Saturday during the pit walk.

DannyBoy likes this.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Possibly the prettiest bike to shoot, in my view, or is it just the colour that's nice?...

Pull & Bear Aspar team's Ducati (Yonny Hernandez):

The wings on the factory Ducati looked like fugitives from a Batman vehicle - they keep growing, but only 3 more races till they're banned. Will be interesting to see how Ducati bend the rules to promote frontal down force.

Octo Pramac Yakhnich

Crutchlow's LCR Honda.

Dollies always available for pics too, as usual.

Being on a mission to get the best pics I could - I didn't even think of getting any autographs this year. Roll on 2017!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Very nice sir!!! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode