Recommend my exhaust - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Recommend my exhaust

Hey all,

I have an 04 RC51 SP2 and would like some opinions on buying exhaust for the bike.

I have clean Jardines, but for me I want something high end for the bike. The bike is really clean. My choices are the ladybird oval low mounts or the ladybird long can moto gp's. What do you recommend and why? I'm in Canada so I "think" the long can moto gp's are doable. NOT the shorts. Am I wrong?

Thx

kw.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Simons Ladybirds are by far the highest end systems available. Pm him or check him out on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I haven't heard them myself, but a couple on this forum have commented that the GP Cans are pretty loud. The full length cannisters are probably a better choice if you ride the streets and hwys.
Can't tell you how many times I've lurked on the ebay page Simon has.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I haven't heard them myself, but a couple on this forum have commented that the GP Cans are pretty loud. The full length cannisters are probably a better choice if you ride the streets and hwys.
Can't tell you how many times I've lurked on the ebay page Simon has.
Probably not more than myself...

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quality wise, you won't find anything for sale new that is better than Simon's stuff. You already have jardine's, which IMO are about middle of the road along with yoshimura and a handful of other brands still making stuff for the RC51. Don't waste time trading one mid-level brand for another.

The gp cans are VERY loud, but you can use the baffles which will drop it down to closer to the ovals. The full size ovals are more or less about the same sound level as any other slip on besides d&d.

I'll try and take a video of the gp cans, you can check out the long ovals here:

http://youtu.be/qlA8GbY7xQE

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Thx for the great info . Do you know if with the baffles on the long moto gp can (500 mm) are a little louder than the ovals? Is is easy to put the baffle in and out?

I've been looking at youtube already.

I need to ride the Jardines a bit and that may help my decision. As you mentioned the ovals should be similar.

Any other feedback is appreciated.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post
Hey all,

I have an 04 RC51 SP2 and would like some opinions on buying exhaust for the bike.

I have clean Jardines, but for me I want something high end for the bike. The bike is really clean. My choices are the ladybird oval low mounts or the ladybird long can moto gp's. What do you recommend and why? I'm in Canada so I "think" the long can moto gp's are doable. NOT the shorts. Am I wrong?

Thx

kw.....
I have the Jardene Rt 1s that were on the bike when I bought it this year (sp1) 2001 and they are good enough,they are loud enough to keep you safe but don"t sound like some of those that are raspy,(Idon't know how the chew tobacco while riding) but if your last name is Rockerfeller than go for the high end ones.::
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The baffle takes about two seconds to get in or out. I would think that with the baffles in the long, it might be even quieter than the ovals. The ovals are decently loud, and will be louder than most regular slipons because they have a bigger core than most.

I am no expert, but I think the majority of the increase in loudness from the gp cans comes from the short length. The long gp cans are about the same length as the ovals, so with adding a baffle they may actually be quieter. I was really suprised how much of a difference the baffles made on the short gp cans. I think with the long gp cans, they may be too quiet. I would go with ovals if you want middle of the road.

Your last name doesn't have to be Rockefeller to get the good stuff. It can be Determined, or I'll-Eat-Top-Ramen-For-A-Month.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned

So b.miller since you have experience what are your thoughts? I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these exhausts just not sure which one.

I love the look of the GP cans but don't want the noise. Not so keen on the full length GP's. But the full length ovals seem to bulky sort of the reason why I pulled the Hindles I have after about 600 kms.

I want the GP shorties...do the baffles lessen their bark?

Sorry just re-read your post my bad. Looks like short GP's baffles.

Last edited by nobody; 10-14-2012 at 01:47 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm no scientist or mech, but if this is a daily rider you might want the ovals, unless you don't mind repacking your cans every (or other) oil change....then go the Gp way. Which brings me to this q? How long does the packing last on the Gp can as well as the ovals?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode