cycle cat rearsets - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cycle cat rearsets

Would you spend the money on these? Retail obviously $595 I'm really digging the look.

http://www.cyclecat.com/index.php/rearset-systems

One other person has chimed in on 'Zilla about owning these and posted some other pics and they look the business.

A little steep but the bike is a keeper...just curious on your thoughts.

I like different. Sorta the same reason I went with Beringers I could have gotten Brembos but I'm not good enough to tell the difference. The Beringers are still great calipers just not Brembo.

I think it's the same reason I want Ohlins 30mm kit installed other than the available used older Ohlins forks out there for sale right now. Different but the same.

I know everything is sorta overkill but it's my toy...cars just don't do it for me that's why I drive a Yaris lol 50 mpg, the money I save on gas goes to the bike slush fund.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
I think they would be a great asset for some one like me who is 6.2....lowers the foot pegs for a more comfortable position.
I think they are a lil steep for me price wise, but with two kids and a wife that would rather see the bike gone I have to be on the cheaper side of upgrades myself.
I am gonna be ordering up a set of the black anodized Tech G ones myself fairly soon.
I say go for it nobody, be a nice setup.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I'm thinking the same too...btw have you seen the post for the Ohlins shock? Down to $750

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
I prefer the gilles as31gt style. Had them on a gixxer 1000 and there were great. I'm planning on getting a gold set for the RC (to match the calipers).
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post
I prefer the gilles as31gt style. Had them on a gixxer 1000 and there were great. I'm planning on getting a gold set for the RC (to match the calipers).
Hope you don't have the same issues that other have had with Gilles rubbing on the swingarm because they flex so much. I believe it was the SP1 with the problems.

And of course even if you have zero problems, you still have Gilles rearsets, which IMO look like shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I'm thinking the same too...btw have you seen the post for the Ohlins shock? Down to $750
Yep, shouldn't last long, and it won't once it gets to ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
I think they would be a great asset for some one like me who is 6.2....lowers the foot pegs for a more comfortable position.
I think they are a lil steep for me price wise, but with two kids and a wife that would rather see the bike gone I have to be on the cheaper side of upgrades myself.
I am gonna be ordering up a set of the black anodized Tech G ones myself fairly soon.
I say go for it nobody, be a nice setup.
Did you read the reviews about those over on speedzilla? Hope you don't mind subpar quality. I would save and wait for a used set of sato's.

Quote:
Would you spend the money on these? Retail obviously $595 I'm really digging the look.

One other person has chimed in on 'Zilla about owning these and posted some other pics and they look the business.

I like different. Sorta the same reason I went with Beringers I could have gotten Brembos but I'm not good enough to tell the difference. The Beringers are still great calipers just not Brembo.

I think it's the same reason I want Ohlins 30mm kit installed other than the available used older Ohlins forks out there for sale right now. Different but the same.

I know everything is sorta overkill but it's my toy...cars just don't do it for me that's why I drive a Yaris lol 50 mpg, the money I save on gas goes to the bike slush fund.
I would buy them, if I knew that spares would be available.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Had a set of Cycle Cat rearsets and adjustable bars for my 'Busa.
They are very well made, and used the OEM brake light switch too.
The rearsets have a steel pin that used to position the footpegs in much smaller increments than the pegboard style most commonly used.
The toe pieces were mounted on an eccentric, so that could be adjusted too.

I used to have a Cycle Cat top clamp for my RC51 also. which was also very well made and stout as hell They pretty much went out of production back in '08, and I asked the owner why. He said that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't break even on the sales.
Obviously something has occurred, since they are now back in production.

As for the $595 price, Sato rearsets weren't much cheaper.

Last edited by SubSailor; 10-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Hope you don't have the same issues that other have had with Gilles rubbing on the swingarm because they flex so much. I believe it was the SP1 with the problems.
Thx for the info. I completely forgot about that. I won't put the rearsets mounted back so that will help as per the rogue info. Still, I need to pause and check out my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Hope you don't have the same issues that other have had with Gilles rubbing And of course even if you have zero problems, you still have Gilles rearsets, which IMO look like shit.
I have to ask, do you mean the shit, or as you wrote, shit.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 10-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:

I think I would spend the money on some track time at Laguna Seca instead
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 PM

I originally looked at the main page cycle cat and blah/meh. I have now looked at the RC51 and me likey. Watching this thread with even more interest....

Hey rambleon, I heard about and RC51 in MJ. What do you have? I just got one outside of Regina. PM me.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 10-13-2012 at 08:12 PM.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon View Post
I think I would spend the money on some track time at Laguna Seca instead
I would love too...unfortunately I am not as lucky as you folks in the US.

Being on the west coast of Canada we literally have almost zero tracks to choose from.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode