I converted one to the faith! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I converted one to the faith!

So I get an e-mail yesterday from facebook...

A friend in the US military who has recently left his Japan tour for Virginia Beach, has converted to the faith!

The last night he was in Japan, I rode to their place on the SP2 to meet them for dinner. Apparently they could hear me coming from quite a distance. His wife thought it was a Harley, but he knew it wasn't as sounded more potent.

...funny, as other friends also say they can hear me coming from a long distance & open their gates well before I get onto the drive.

Anyways, I digress. This buddy was looking at my SP2 sitting in his garage and commenting that it was a good looking bike. I told him a bit about it, but thought nothing more of it...
This is the most extreme car nut I have had the pleasure of meeting here in Japan. Not many people I know understand machines better than he, nor delve into projects as deeply. During his tennure jere he owned an 800 bhp+ Skyline GT-R, a TVR Griffith 500 and built himself a 2.5 forged 500 bhp+ Impreza STi coupe, all with extensive tuning work he completed himself, with the help of his equally enthusiastic wife.

Together they hacked their beautiful Impreza in half to take it back to the States in pieces in order to turn an N/A coupe there into a RHD fire breathing monster, of JDM replica.
He's also recently bought a 2013 Shelby GT500 and isn't content with the standard power it makes...A man who is incapable of owning something and not modifying it...

So back to yesterday's e-mail. He's picked up a 2003 SP2!
Said it was all my fault.!
He's already thinking of turning the standard US RVT bodywork into the white European colours, which he prefers...
Aside from dropping a few hints of carbon Airboxes, Ladybird Ti & MR products, I've mentioned this forum and invited him to look into it. He'll probably be along once he's familiarised himself more with this new toy...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You are an RC pusher, you give them a taste for free...and see what happened.

Awesome story, those are some serious cars with serious powa! I had the car bug back in high school. So much more expensive compared to the RC.

Big blocks are expensive to run on petrol.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

You should see the rate at which a 500 bhp RX-7 slurps the high-octane juice & that's only 1,308cc engine capacity!

The business I do is centered around performance cars (I sold him the 700 bhp ex-tuner demo Skyline GT-R which he then tuned further & we became friends in the process of his ongoing car modifications & acquisitions), but bikes are another passion & the SP my main 2 wheeled one.

He didn't own a bike at all whilst here for 5 years. Did have an Aprilia RS250 in the States before, but I'd figured he was only into smaller capacity bikes... I was wrong!

The exciting difference is he isn't afraid of modifying by himself to the nth degree.
So if he gets excited by the SP, he's bound to do some cool things to it.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Damn! When I was in the military back in the 70's, my high point was a steak dinner every pay day. How times change.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Stig, you are a lucky guy, The GT-R Skyline is my DREAM car man. I always wanted an RC since the day it came out ( owned mine since '05 ) I have always wanted a 2000 GT-R too but I know it will not happen until the 2015 at the soonest
Canada's car import laws are S**T !!! You have to wait until 15 years pass before importing such a beast. I have looked into it. 3 more years and it's legal to insure it.
You can have one, but you can NOT insure it here.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

It'll be possible to import R34 Skyline GT-R's there in 2014, since they were made from Sept 1999.
I know a wee bit about good quality Skylines and to me at least the better driver's car is a properly sorted R32 GT-R IMHO. Smaller, more nimble & more raw - they make amazing track cars. But avoid the bad ones that typically find their way to Canada!

I don't really want to turn this thread into a fest for fast Japanese cars, but what the hell. Here's some pics of my new RC51 buddy's R33 GT-R we recently sold again.

http://www.neweraimports.com/carDetails.jsp?carId=512
It's headed for the UK currently, then onto a live on the French Riviera.

And here's the 34 GT-R we use in the UK as one of our company demos.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/08/...r_the_rebirth/

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
DROOL...... 8P'''''' I can only dream of owning such a beautiful example of an R-34.
Maybe one day when I do not have a needy wife and 2 rug rats to provide for.
Until then at least I have my ol RC.

DuckHunterComposites
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Good on ya Stig, nice to bring someone into the fold. Hopefully he finds his way in here adn you two can continue on with two wheel discussions.

Duckhunter said:"You can have one, but you can NOT insure it here."
Gotta luv ICBC doncha I've never checked, but I'd bet you could insure it in Alberta

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Good on ya Stig, nice to bring someone into the fold. Hopefully he finds his way in here adn you two can continue on with two wheel discussions.

Duckhunter said:"You can have one, but you can NOT insure it here."
Gotta luv ICBC doncha I've never checked, but I'd bet you could insure it in Alberta
Nope, it is a Canada wide conspiracy Otherwise I would have moved and would own one by now.

DuckHunterComposites
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
Nope, it is a Canada wide conspiracy Otherwise I would have moved and would own one by now.
You can blame stupidity of kids buying these fast cars, then racing them on the streets & getting into accidents, etc. to make them very expensive to insure by those without a lot of no claims bonus. Surely they're not all driving without insurance though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode