Positive experience with OPP Racing - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Positive experience with OPP Racing

I don't have much experience with them, but just wanted to give OPP Racing a shout out for being stand up company.

Early last year I ordered a Gilles Tooling Triple Clamp from them for my SP2.

I knew from previous experiences that ordering overseas custom made parts with little demand might take quite awhile. Well OPP Racing and I waited about 9 months. OPP Racing was inquiring on the status during this waiting period, but In the 9th month Gilles Tooling decided then to tell OPP Racing that the SP2 triple clamps were discontinued and won't be fulfilling the order.

OPP Racing then offered to order billet aluminum triple clamps from Attack Performance and eat the cost difference for me. I took them up on that offer and received the triple clamps a little while ago.

I was expecting a "Sorry, here's your refund." and was pleasantly surprised. I just wanted to share this little anecdote as most people only hear/share negative experiences.
sbkdrew, 10THbikE and csj like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Post up some pics......
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
That is awesome. Love to hear about customer service like this. I have only dealt with them recently for some Lightspeed aluminum screws. They have a lot of it in stock and have the Lightspeed catalog available for download. Found some stuff that Probolt doesn't have. Still haven't found ti valve cover bolts as a set tough.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 09:43 PM
csj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Love me some good customer service.
I've dealt with them to and will again.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds great Dan! Nice triples!

Great customer service is important.

Unlike people like CSJ above here - He Likes to order parts and then decide that he wants to return for a refund via paypal dispute.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
extra butter on my popcorn please.....
Duckhunter likes this.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'll see if I can get some pics up tomorrow.
Duckhunter likes this.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Firstly my apologies in advance to Dan - HE is a client of mine and he has been an absolute pleasure to deal with in every way.

I am not normally one to come on someones thread ( even more so a client of mine ) and create a shit storm but this is something that is irritating me in every way right now.

Please forgive me Dan.

But seeing CSJ make a post about customer service got under my skin and crawled as we are dealing with a paypal dispute presently regarding the below facts.
CSJ also decided to threaten me with coming on the forum to say whatever he had in his little mind regarding the ill fitting DHC tray / Speedcell battery.

So I will take this opportunity to call him out first.

Again - Sorry to Dan.

CSJ feels that he should be able to get a refund for the DHC battery tray because his new speedcell does not fit with it. NOT MY PROBLEM.

He also feels this IS my problem because on my website it states that the speedcell will fit with the tray ( Sorry CSJ, my website does not state this anywhere ! WTF ) He needs to see his optometrist badly.

The problem is that the tray is actually designed for the lead acid YTZ7S ( I told him this ! ) never was designed for a speedcell, I do not even own a speedcell ! this is before the new legacy version from speedcell was available.
All my parts are custom made and strictly made to order.

I did say that it would fit with the speedcell available at that time.

It was discovered by previous clients that the gen1 cell from Speedcell would fit nicely. See photos.

Recently it came to my attention ( a month or so ago ) the new version would not fit the DHC tray. CSJ says he ordered a speedcell Nov 4 - The new version speedcell was not even out yet and then he ordered my tray on Nov 8th. He says I knew about the fitment issue and sold him the tray regardless.

Just wanted to share how guy thinks is a little bit out there... so take care in your dealings with him gents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raw.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	116034   Click image for larger version

Name:	13621804_10154313104599629_449786406_o.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	116042   Click image for larger version

Name:	13647102_10154313104604629_1555072949_o.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	116050  

DuckHunterComposites

Last edited by Duckhunter; 04-26-2017 at 01:23 AM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:45 AM
csj

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Alright, It seems like other transactions I’ve had with vendors on this site and elsewhere have gone fine, I give them money they supply a product, everyone’s happy. On the rare occasion that there is a fitment issue it has been my experience that vendors are more than willing to work with you.

Now maybe you’ve forgotten but in the recent past you have received roughly $1500 from me for product I’ve purchased from you but now due to your inability to stop foaming at the mouth and maybe work out this thing over a $200 battery tray you are going to miss out on potentially another $2k of business. There was not even the slightest hint of cooperation and its just been escalating from there. Seems ironic that you would call me out on a thread regarding customer service, lets not forget who is the business and who is the customer. In all my years of dealing with vendors and custom fabricators I have never been attacked like this before, you are truly breaking new ground in the area of customer service.

I wasn't going to bring this up at first but since you called me out publicly, You also screwed up my under tail, after at least 3 mentions via email of wanting no hole drilled for the lock my under tail arrived with a lock hole - but its ok and I’ll live with it. I’ll just slap a Tyga sticker over it.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:18 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
CSJ you are a special kind of stupid.

You said via email you would be posting this up on the forum and you would have I am sure...

I have not forgotten you bought my Ethos. Thanks again.

I don't care if you take you business elsewhere - would truly prefer that really as I do not need or want your money at this point.

I would be happy to exchange the undertail for you no problem, but making me pay for your screw up with ordering a battery that will not fit ( as you were told ) is not proper.

Just looked at my emails - I know what was said and how many times - any more lies ?

You should take the time to do your research on the parts you purchase and not blame others for lack of it.

Then making up lies saying my website say it will fit with the speedcell was really not intelligent either.

DuckHunterComposites
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode