2Likes
  • 2 Post By LDH®

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
@ life is good again

For the first time since Speedvision went away, I watched the MotoGP this past weekend. Gawd how I missed the coverage. I've had zero luck on the online feeds (they kept reaching for my wallet so I said f**k off to that). Stayed up half the night watching but man, what great races! The Moto 3 was a real mixed bag of bin-ups and other exciting lead and position changes. Moto 2 was absolutely another hair raiser. The #1 group was just simply one of the most entertaining races I've seen. Not sure if Rossi had tire issues at the mid point but he definitely pulled back. The battle for first was a rollercoaster right to the final lap. Marquez is either a genius or just plain brash but wow. I know many don't like Pedbot but I hated to see him go down. I gotta get to Texas in the coming year...

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
And just like that there it was gone again. I even contacted the network to see why they went away and no reply. Back into oblivion coverage again. I refuse to pay for internet coverage so I'm hooped again.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
A frickin T&T pushing their own soccer coverage couldn't compete with beIn sports so they claimed beIN wanted too much $$$ to renew contract. Don't know why Comcast dumped them but I'm considering dumping at&t for someone else. Since they took over Direct TV i've had more issues with my tv and internet. They lie to get you to sign up (promised I would have fiber optic connection then when tech showed up it was oh we don't have the fiber optic cable here yet. Still don't, scumbags. The new FCC head is just a paid puppet of the big telecoms. So the situation sucks all around. Just when the beIn coverage was so nice, HiDef picture, no commercials during race, qualifying coverage. Crap, getting depressed just thinking about it. Guess I'll sign up with Sling or one of these other small companies that still carry beIn.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have had nothing but issues with Direct TV. We "upgraded" to the Genie 2 about a year ago. Let me tell everyone it is a piece of shit! In fact, tomorrow we are going back to the original Genie unit. There is a problem, or numerous problems with the software with the Genie 2 that Direct TV has not been able to resolve yet but they dangle the 4K carrot in front of you and don't disclose the issues with the Genie 2.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
I cut all the cords in 2009. DirectTV kept raising my rates every 6 months while taking away channels I might occasionally watch to give me a bunch of Spanish channels I have zero interest in.

I have had no official TV service for almost 10 years now and have never been happier. I stream Amazon Prime Video (along with my Amazon video library), subscribe to Hulu and MotoGP.com and that is it for my TV choices. The money I save by not paying DirectTV lets me regularly indulge in $200 bottles of Scotch and Whisky instead
budoka and Red Flash like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
I cut all the cords in 2009. DirectTV kept raising my rates every 6 months while taking away channels I might occasionally watch to give me a bunch of Spanish channels I have zero interest in.

I have had no official TV service for almost 10 years now and have never been happier. I stream Amazon Prime Video (along with my Amazon video library), subscribe to Hulu and MotoGP.com and that is it for my TV choices. The money I save by not paying DirectTV lets me regularly indulge in $200 bottles of Scotch and Whisky instead
That's a better investment for sure.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Cable service is ridiculous , I pay about $288 a month for phone , cable and internet. WOW has steadily done the same , regularly dropping channels , adding crap and raising rates for less service. If I have a problem they always want to give me an appointment a week out , then when I tell them I'm not paying for time without service , they miraculously come up with an appointment the following day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode