New post-initial ride Qs
Finally got a chance to really run out my new 03 SP-2 and a few questions as I look the bike over after riding. Let me 1st say this thing is a beast, like my 1098 in torque, but way heavier! I'm searching the forums for some things, but here's a few for the long time owners:
1. How do I know if the flapper/PAIR mod is done without ripping the fairings off, I see the dome shaped rubber stopper, with a cut tube?
2. Heat, does the RC-51 run hot? Samco hose kit just arrived yet to be installed, but on test ride temps stayed over 200 degrees (at least fans worked).
3. Bike came with PCIII, is the PCV worth upgrading to?
4. Bike has the front turnsignals inside the upper corners of headlights, is this a normal mod and can I get brighter LEDs?
5. Pretty sure bike has the -1 front sprocket change, speedo seemed way off and see there is a fix, worth doing?
6. On the lighting, HID upgrades and not sure what undertail I have, but the brake lights are not bright at all, upgrade options?
7. I'm sure I'll find a eBay Chinese fairing thread, but anyone still making race bodywork?
8. Researching LBP exhaust although the bike has Akra on, but does anyone make a non-peg brackets for stock location?
Fairings coming off tomorrow for the Samco install and new fluids, checking air filters, plus figure out some of the wiring (bike has grip warmers...not required here in AZ).
2008 Ducati 1098
1996 Kawi ZX-7RR
1996 Kawi ZX-7R(for sale)
2015 HD Street Glide Spc (wife hauler)
2003 Honda CRF-450R