I bought a 06' RC51!! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Arrow I bought a 06' RC51!!

So this is a follow up to my previous thread: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/6-...-600-rc51.html

About 2 weeks ago I proclaimed that I wanted an RC51 and would start keeping my eyes out for one. Well last friday I was at work looking at craigslist and saw a 2006 RC51 with 8,000 miles all black for $5,000.

I went to go check it out and negotiated the price to $4,900 and bought it!

So now the RC51 is mine, I took it for a ride the other day and I love it! It has so much torque and it sounds so dang amazing!

Unfortunately the bike was "modded" and I wouldn't exactly say it's tasteful

-Gold Bar ends
-gold chinese levers
-hotbodies chrome windshield
-chrome wheels
-"carbon fiber" mirrors
-ebay footpegs
-crappy front turn signals
-hotbodies undertail
-Sato Racing exhaust (actually really nice)
-Power Commander 5

So I already ordered an MRA light smoke windshield, pitbull delrin spools, and some bar ends. I'm going to get some ASV levers as well.

I need help figuring out where I can buy some stock footpegs and mirrors for a decent price.

The chrome wheels are not my style but they don't look terrible so i'll keep them for now, eventually i'll get some black or gold wheels maybe.

The hotbodies undertail looks cool, but the brake lights are not that bright and the integrated turn signals are not that great either... I need some advice on if I can update them to look brighter somehow. Or maybe i'll do a 954 conversion... also I need to relocate my plate, currently there is no plate light and I need one to get a sticker... also the plate covers the keyhole for the trunk. And finally I need a replacement for the front turn signals, was wondering what the premium options are.

Only mods I really want to do is get a gear indicator and an OEM honda tank pad. Other than that it's pretty much perfect. I may in the future get some titanium headers.

Here some more pictures!

Last edited by HeroRR; 11-12-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
you're likely to get some vultures trying to get that exhaust from you. do NOT sell it for less than 1500 USD. just a heads up as you'll probably have a PM or two about it.

looks like a nice bike though. throw that chain guard in the garbage while you're at it.

you can probably just powdercoat those wheels as a simple fix. the windshield, levers, and footpegs are cheap and cheerful anyway.
HeroRR likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Keep the Sato Banzai exhaust thats as good as it gets!
HeroRR likes this.

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
you're likely to get some vultures trying to get that exhaust from you. do NOT sell it for less than 1500 USD. just a heads up as you'll probably have a PM or two about it.

Wow I didn't know that, the exhaust and power commander are both the only things I liked that the previous owner did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
looks like a nice bike though. throw that chain guard in the garbage while you're at it.

you can probably just powdercoat those wheels as a simple fix. the windshield, levers, and footpegs are cheap and cheerful anyway.

Oh I cannot believe I forgot the chain gaurd... yes that thing HAS to go. Mainly cause the color looks stupid, I wished it were all black. I saw online they have chain guard and rear hugger combos and was thinking about getting one of those... thoughts?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
Keep the Sato Banzai exhaust thats as good as it gets!
I think it's just the slip on, not sure if that makes it less rare/expensive.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
there's no such thing as a sato full system.

throw the chain guard in the garbage and don't bother replacing it. chain guards are for idiots who don't know how to lube their chain.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I leave my chain guard on because it catches a little bit of crap flying off of the chain. I just take it off the lube and or clean the chain. Tyga has nice carbon fiber huggers without the guard , the huggers with the built in chain guard are pretty ugly. The price isn't bad either.
Joe XR likes this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well I thought I did okay on the deal with my recently acquired 03 w/ 10k miles, until I saw your pipes! Love the black, but the chrome wheels have got to go. Why a gear indicator? About to do something about my tail lights as well.

2003 SP2
2008 Ducati 1098
1996 Kawi ZX-7RR
1996 Kawi ZX-7R(for sale)
2015 HD Street Glide Spc (wife hauler)
2003 Honda CRF-450R
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by highside7r View Post
Well I thought I did okay on the deal with my recently acquired 03 w/ 10k miles, until I saw your pipes! Love the black, but the chrome wheels have got to go. Why a gear indicator? About to do something about my tail lights as well.
Yeah, Chrome wheels are last on my list right now. They don't actually look bad I just prefer white. As for the gear indicator I always put them on my bikes. It's just nice to look down and know what gear you're in. Obviously not a needed mod just something I always appreciate. Let me know what you do with your taillights. Mine have been stressing me out.

2006 SP2
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone know what the part number is for the sub-harness (the one that has the plugs for the taillights, brake light, rear turn signals, etc.) the previous owner botched the hell out of it and I think i'm just going to replace it.

2006 SP2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode