RC51 Forums banner

Power commander 5

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Enxss 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anybody is useing the power commander V. If so would love to know if it makes a difference.

#2 ·
I don't have the V , I've got the IIIR , but it makes a difference even on a bone stock bike. The lean factory fueling makes the throttle choppy on the low end and if you've got an aftermarket exhaust , it'll need more fuel to match the increased flow , again mostly on the bottom.

#5 ·
there is literally nothing you can bolt on to your rc51 that will give it a snowball's chance in hell against a 1000rr.

a power commander is a tuning tool, it's not a secret unlock code to give your bike 40 extra horsepower.

that said if you aren't satisfied with the smoothness or power delivery of your bike, then a power commander and custom tune can help a ton, but it won't make the bike faster.

#9 ·
Ride a LOT. Become familiar with your bike. Windy road can be an equalizer but if the 1000RR guy is a good rider or better rider than you then you are going to need more time/ experience. I once chased Jeff Tigert up the hill from Pope Valley to Angwin. He was on his old SV650 race bike and me on my RC. It was all I could do to see his tail light once in awhile. So there's about 40hp advantage I had but Jeffs raced professionally and was probably just cruising. Comical really.

#13 · (Edited)
Which 1000RR are we talking about here, BMW's s1000RR or Honda's CBR 1000RR?

Either way, all of the points made thus far are well taken. Each bike is different with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. There is no one perfect machine. The primary objective of motorcycling should not be to try and transform any given bike into another but rather to explore the machine's unique performance capabilities and try, to the best of one's own abilities, to maximize its strengths while minimizing its weaknesses. A review of my signature below depicts several very unique bikes. One could argue which is the best, but that would be missing the point. They are all different with each requiring a slightly unique skill set to manage most efficiently. So instead of competing against your friend and his 1000RR, Jcreel, you really should be competing against yourself. Trying to further refine your riding skills with each and every ride, whether that be on the street or on the track. As your skills develop you will be amazed at just how competitive even a stock RC can be.

Ride safe and ride often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.