2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gonzo
  • 1 Post By Fuzzuki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1st real ride

So I'm approaching this bike from riding a EX500 Kwak bolted into a 454 frame with Katana 600 forks and many frame modifications. Yes I've ridden numerous 1000cc take you to hell REAL FAST machines so I understand what it's like to really open up a Tuono 1100 and subsequently not be able to speak for hours as it scared the living shit out of me!
But 😉 This RC 😉 within a mile from home my neck was rather strained back. Not used to that. Wrists weren't bad but was only using the top of the visor on my helmet.
Putting across town the bumps were better than on my Kwak but still a bit rough.
I set the suspension to middle ground on everything except for sag setting. Need another person to help with that. Think I need to increase fork damping? Bounced up and down a bit much (I really have little knowledge of suspension settings for my 180lb full gear weight)
The gearbox shifts like a neurosurgery master. Just a pleasure to shift.
Getting out of town I finally hit 7000 rpm and had to basically scream at my self to slow down as all I could feel was torque sex!
Now out of town on some blisteringly beautiful fast back roads (canyons) I finally wound it to 9000 rpm... I literally had a small moment of tears as I pounded the (REALLY CLOSE SET GEARBOX) Fudge I read that the gears were close but wow! 80 mph in 3rd (I think, need a gear indicator) to 120 in a ass clamped blink as my mate on a GSXS 1000 screams past me so I get all butt hurt and were doing 150 in a moment. There is so little wind on me in comparison to the Tuono or the GSXS but as the next corner is approaching rather quickly I hit the brakes. And my god does it stop. Another tear of joy!
This machine is astounding!
I've only ridden 60 odd miles so far on this. Many many miles to go!!!
The bad... Jumped out of gear 3 times under hard acceleration, no grinding sounds just like a false neutral (not sure really)
Bars might be a bit low but I'll get used to that.
Stock exhaust is very quiet.
But my GOD IN HEAVEN WHAT A MACHINE!!!
Russ*Collins51 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I've had mine for 5 years now. I love it more after each ride.
She is amazing for a 19 year old bike.
Just makes me smile like a kid every ride.

And the sound.....forget about it!!!!!!!!!
jeosbor1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode