RC51 Forums banner

Rearsets

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  VFR500R 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Gonna open this up to some debate. I'm unsure of what brand to go with when it comes to getting some aftermarket rearsets. I've been looking over varies brands (Giles, L2S, Pro-tek and harris) and they all seem very appealing. I'm just looking for your guys personal opinions on the sets that you've bought to maybe sway me to go for one over the others.

#17 ·
TYGA Performance - Racing Step Kit, VTR1000 SP2 | TYGA-Performance
There are a lot of good looking rear sets out there. Most are way to busy and clunky looking for my taste.
Plus, the majority are overpriced!
I would recommend looking at TYGA's offering. Price, quality, appearance... These guys won me over.
They are non-adjustable and as a result, look clean and slick like the original HRC factory pieces.
They moved the foot peg position up 1/2 inch (12mm) and back 3/4 inch (20mm) from stock.
I am 5'7", so this was perfect for me. The stock ones were fixed as were the HRC superbikes.
Honda thought they had it right, so why over complicate it.
The TYGA pieces work with standard or reverse pattern shift.
They do not come with a mounting point for the stock style exhaust mounts. I run Yoshimura pipes and like many, wish to still use those mounting points. I made two brackets out of 1/4 inch by 1 inch aluminum bar stock and mounted them using longer foot peg bolts.
The product is awesome! The company is awesome!
High quality. 100% CNC machined. Roller bearing pivots. Every component is replaceable.
Current price today is $219.07US. That is what they were three years ago when I bought mine.
I polished the OEM heel guards and used to retain that "factory" look.
I included a close up of the Sato's shift extender (required for reverse pattern setup), RaceTorx's shift shaft support (just a good idea), and my exhaust pipe brackets.
Also, just installed the G-Craft rear master billet reservoir and rear master return spring (no benefit in the performance department; just for curb appeal).
I do not understand why more of you have not tried these rear sets.

Crankset Bicycle part Bicycle chain Automotive tire Hood
Automotive tire Azure Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Crankset Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system
Sewing machine Musical instrument Automotive tire Sewing machine feet Fender
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim
Hood Blue Bag Automotive design Grille
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bicycle part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.