Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	5490  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
That'll disperse water well, Some people have too much time on their hands.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Finally done with my rear tire!

Lol yea it doesn't look to have much real world use. I think its cool but agree with you on the too much time aspect.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Agree WAY too much time or money.
Kind of reminds of the time I was at a car show, there was a car with 24kt gold plated rotors.

Guess there is some things I just won't understand why, like trailer queens.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
What really gets my goat as my other hobby is my custom 4x4, Is those pavement princess 4x4's with HUGE lift kits, HUGE mud tires....CHROME galore and fancy paint work and hydro assist steering with all the bell's and whistles and not a damn single spec of dirt or a single bush whacking scar on it. We call em Road queens here.
My 4x4 has a major west coast pin striping job or more done to it, from 4x4ing of course.
( Bush scars everywhere ) You know damn well when you look at it....it's a weed whacker.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Duck, I see those around here. Huge swampers just ate up from pavement because no one told the tool they don't last with real world driving. I was into mudding for awhile. Still miss it, but around here there's no good places without heavy fines.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM

Only took my truck to some mud pits once, probably the most fun I've ever had going 20 mph. Of course, it's stock with just some A/T tires, but it was still fun.

As far as that tire being a waste of time, I imagine it's in some artist's portfolio. It's sad to say, but trailer queens/dyno queens/show bikes/bike night bikes are big money.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Duck, I see those around here. Huge swampers just ate up from pavement because no one told the tool they don't last with real world driving. I was into mudding for awhile. Still miss it, but around here there's no good places without heavy fines.
Yeah, LOL...I know about the fines. Never had one but know people around here who have. Not cheap being caught on crown land here, "destroying the forest" All the good trails are closed until up around Mid..or..North Island here.
Mud is fun...but hell on motors and the dirt is hell to clean up after.......I LOVE crawling trail..Rock gardens old stream beds that kind of stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raylee View Post
Only took my truck to some mud pits once, probably the most fun I've ever had going 20 mph. Of course, it's stock with just some A/T tires, but it was still fun.

As far as that tire being a waste of time, I imagine it's in some artist's portfolio. It's sad to say, but trailer queens/dyno queens/show bikes/bike night bikes are big money.
Stock is ok too....the A/T tires sure do what they are supposed too......I sen a guy here running A/T's and he was going everywhere in the snow and mud.
The tire is cool, The tread mark coming out of wet Road to dry Road would be interesting.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Lifetime Premium

Duckhunter, since you're in B.C. you'll probably appreciate these pics taken about 10 years ago.

A very old friend lives in Whistler and persuaded me, my brother and another friend who used to live in Vancouver until recently to take his Forester and use it to tow a sled to the top of a glacier whilst he & another buddy towed two more sleds. This was during summer so we didn't have to contend with snow, ice or rivers across roads.

The poor Forester had to go up very rough logging roads, negotiate dried up river beds and slog with a 700lb trailer + 3 occupants to the top but amazingly - with some slow steady driving, despite banging it's undercarriage several times, it made it... My brother runs a landscaping business in Toronto and part of that's snow clearing & driving in slippery conditions so he's handy at driving 4WD's...

My friend wasn't at all perturbed when one tire came off the rim. Pic shows my brother changing for the spare whilst we each took pics & video. No point stressing whilst on holiday!

Eventually we got to the top. The picture below is where the snow begun and we left the cars, but it got much prettier from here...

Not having ridden these things before I had no idea how fast or dangerous they were and proceeded to fall off several times, badly jarring my knee when I tried to follow my friend & do a jump, then landing it wrong...Hurt so much it made me feel nauseous, but we continued...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.

Last edited by The Stig; 02-02-2013 at 04:02 AM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Lifetime Premium

We did see some spectacular views!

The pics below were what Rich - my friend from Whistler used to tempt me to go see him & do some sledding in B.C.

But despite the stunning views & beauty, riding sleds on glaciers is dangerous.
Too many dangers from crevasses, sleds tumbling down steep inclines covered with deep snow - whilst having to scramble out of the way (I didn't know not to decelerate as I got to the summit of a steep incline but it would have been scary if not dangerous jumping several meters into the air - not even knowing what was over the other side!)

We were all really impressed how Forester was so capable as a 4WD.
It came down the mountain no sweat. Just had to re-fit the tire on the rim the next day and it was running perfectly.

Rich persuaded me to return in the Spring the following year to spend a week sledding. His plan had been to explore the glaciers but after a day's madness I decided I really wanted to live.
So I spent the rest of the holiday snow boarding instead in Whistler. - So MUCH safer!

There you go, my experience of bush wacking in your back yard.

Last edited by The Stig; 02-02-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode