Okay new problem!!! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay new problem!!!

I am not happy with this bike so far, Just got her and its been one problem after the next. Just got it out of the shop on saturday and now i got stranded today, bike wouldnt start. I'm thinking battery/alternator. The battery was just replaced with a YTZ12S YUASA BATTERY-174.99$. SO im thinking alternator. When cranked up the the bikes lights and screen come on, the starter clicks once, then whatever is under the cowl will click like crazy. Any suggestions? and if it is an alternator what am i lookin at to fix that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonesteeno View Post
I am not happy with this bike so far, Just got her and its been one problem after the next. Just got it out of the shop on saturday and now i got stranded today, bike wouldnt start. I'm thinking battery/alternator. The battery was just replaced with a YTZ12S YUASA BATTERY-174.99$. SO im thinking alternator. When cranked up the the bikes lights and screen come on, the starter clicks once, then whatever is under the cowl will click like crazy. Any suggestions? and if it is an alternator what am i lookin at to fix that?

Its rare an altenator will go bad, essentially its a fixed magnet rotating over a fixed coil....theres nothing to really go bad. Check your rectifier/regulator. Check your starter solenoid.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

more money ... i just want the bike to be problem free...

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
more money ... i just want the bike to be problem free...
Honestly your blessed to know that is probably not the magneto/coils.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

If it isnt the alternator! either way im looking at 100$+.

Would it matter to you if the bike went basically unused since 2001, would that affect the alternators function at all? Sitting dormantly?

Last edited by Tonesteeno; 12-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
If it isnt the alternator! either way im looking at 100$+.

Would it matter to you if the bike went basically unused since 2001, would that affect the alternators function at all? Sitting dormantly?
The alterator like I said is virtually bullet proof. Sounds like you need to get out your electric meter and check everything.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 AM

1st off its not an "alternator" its a stator. The clicking is probably starter related. If the battery keeps going down I would check and just to be safe because they are cheap enough go ahead and replace your regulator/rectifier.

The gremlins on these bikes are always electrical and it sucks I know but get you a manual and just take your time and you'll find it.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Took the bike to the same shop that raped me before.... Turns out the problem is whats stated on a different thread. The fuel pressure regulator flooded the motor the it wouldnt even turn over. No electrical problems. SO now i had them overnight the FPR to have it ready tomorrow. I am a little pissed yet again cause theyre gonna try and make me buy new spark plugs and a bunch of other shit cause when the engine completly flooded it screwed them up. I dont have a problem replacing the FPR but the bike was just in service 2 days ago and i spent 2000$ and they knew there was a problem but didnt know it was the FPR, they thought it might be the injectors.... So i rode the bike once, wouldnt start after and now im supposed to pay for additional stuff like the spark plugs and the oil filter, etc. Am i out of line to think they should have identified that and because of that i shouldnt have to pay for the stuff that broke cause they didnt diagonose the problem correctly? Just wondering if i have a case to get out of buying all the additional shit.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 PM

Its not called rape if you enjoy it. Seeing that your going back to the same place that made your butthole alittle looser looks like it doesn't bother you all that much.

I doubt you'll get any freebie out of the deal cause they'll just come up with some sort of excuse why they diagnosed it wrong you'll buy it and fork out more cash to correct the problem at hand now.

Just think of the nicer bike you could have gotten with the cash your spending on this POS !!!

Good Luck bud she'll be purring in no time.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Its not that i enjoy it, I am going back because they have history fixing it. They have had the bike for three weeks and since it isnt right from a business standpoint they need to correct it. Which after talking to the general manager, seems like they will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode