Looking at buying 2001 RC51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
yellow00tlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking at buying 2001 RC51

I am looking at buying a 2001 RC51 and have a few questions. The bike has 10,500 miles and the engine runs strong with no strange noises, has two brothers exhaust, a power commander and now the worries I have. The seat has a gap at the back(said that the seat just needed to be recovered), scratches on the left side, just on the decals and while looking at the bike he had his son rip off some wheelies up and down the street so wondering about any other problems I should look for. He is asking $5000.00 and I am going to offer 4200.00 for the replacement of the decals, seat and needs new tires as he still has the original ones on it. Would like to get some opinions if it is worth getting or not. Thank you for your time.
yellow00tlr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how about this one

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400
i dont do wheelies or stoppies and all plastics are in great condition
rcneil is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow00tlr View Post
I am looking at buying a 2001 RC51 and have a few questions. The bike has 10,500 miles and the engine runs strong with no strange noises, has two brothers exhaust, a power commander and now the worries I have. The seat has a gap at the back(said that the seat just needed to be recovered), scratches on the left side, just on the decals and while looking at the bike he had his son rip off some wheelies up and down the street so wondering about any other problems I should look for. He is asking $5000.00 and I am going to offer 4200.00 for the replacement of the decals, seat and needs new tires as he still has the original ones on it. Would like to get some opinions if it is worth getting or not. Thank you for your time.
Go with the $4200 and not a penny more. I just bought a seat off of ebay for $32 because mine had a tear in it. If you ask me having your son do wheelies on a bike your trying to sell is not a very good business move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcneil View Post
https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400
i dont do wheelies or stoppies and all plastics are in great condition
That is a BEAUTIFUL bike !!!
jgos929 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
yellow00tlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is what worries me, the bike started right up and did not make any weird noises but still am worried about how the bike was treated so am thinking of looking around some more. Want a bike bad but think it would be better to wait for something else to pop up. (RCNEIL) If you lived closer I would be all over your bike.
yellow00tlr is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you have made up your mind. Keep looking you'll find something
jgos929 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow00tlr View Post
That is what worries me, the bike started right up and did not make any weird noises but still am worried about how the bike was treated so am thinking of looking around some more. Want a bike bad but think it would be better to wait for something else to pop up. (RCNEIL) If you lived closer I would be all over your bike.
have heard that a couple of times on here..where are you located?
rcneil is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
yellow00tlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Henderson, Nevada-about 20 miles south/east of Las Vegas. I am actually going to look at a bike in Glendale, Az. on Saturday so might have something by the weekend. Nothing like a 400 mile ride on a bike you just bought....lol
yellow00tlr is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow00tlr View Post
Henderson, Nevada-about 20 miles south/east of Las Vegas. I am actually going to look at a bike in Glendale, Az. on Saturday so might have something by the weekend. Nothing like a 400 mile ride on a bike you just bought....lol
yea that is a little far from from me....but hey, you still got a long ride back on your new bike
rcneil is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
yellow00tlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am now the new owner of a 2001 RC-51. It was only about 320 mile ride home but the bike ran great all the way, can understand what everyone says about the seat but I would take a short break about every 100 miles and had no problems. I am sure I will have a few questions over the next few weeks as there are a few little problems that I want to fix. Will post some pics up later.
yellow00tlr is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 09:06 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah the seat sucks.... I'm gonna upgrade mine forsure. Congrats on your new toy!
Allen03RC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome