Power Commander III - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Power Commander III

Okay guys, I have a new question. The '01 rc51 I recently bought has a PC3 installed on it. I want to know if anyone can tell me the best settings for everyday riding. Yes, I play around a little, but usually just normal riding for the most part. Is there a preffered setting for the low, normal, and high range. Is there a decent setting to get the best fuel milage. Just general info like that is what I need to know. This is actually the 1st time I've had a bike with a power commander on it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM

The best thing to do is go to Dynojet's website and download the maps available for the RC51. Look for one that best matches your bike.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...11&PartNum=105

They are listed by exhaust manufacturer and air filter type. Messing with the buttons can get you worse off.

Or you can take it to a bike shop that dyno tunes and have a custom map done. Gets a little costly. The maps they have on the website are a solid foundation with a smooth power curve.

Good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Leave those adjustments on the PCIII box alone, like the other poster said, download a map from DynoJet and install it, you'll be MUCH better off.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr6874 View Post
Okay guys, I have a new question. The '01 rc51 I recently bought has a PC3 installed on it. I want to know if anyone can tell me the best settings for everyday riding. Yes, I play around a little, but usually just normal riding for the most part. Is there a preffered setting for the low, normal, and high range. Is there a decent setting to get the best fuel milage. Just general info like that is what I need to know. This is actually the 1st time I've had a bike with a power commander on it. Thanks!
I've only been a member of this forum for about a year, but I have seen so many topics concerning the PC. If you haven't already, search it in this forums search engine, you'll find tons of stuff about power commanders. I get why you're asking, cause in the PC's software program on your computer, you can tweak the map yourself. But unless you really understand fuel/air, leave it to the dyno guys. I'm pretty happy with DynoJets free fuel maps. I'm on my 3rd exhaust system and their maps seem to make my bike run tip-top. There are other vendors out there that make custom maps too. Like Dan Kyle, and others that I've seen mentioned.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode