OK so my new to me SP1 with 38K (yes its high miles) pops on decel since I bought it but now its beginning to bother me. Otherwise runs perfect and loads of power. The flapper valve mod has been done to my knowledge. The vacuum line is not connected - aside from that any way for me to confirm is actually completed? I lifted the tank last night to check the pair valves and found the mod has been done as well as the holes are filled.
Its got OEM air filters. however it has high mount HMF slip ons. I have tightened all connections in the exhaust and dont believe there are leaks although I could be wrong I guess. I've asked the previous owner how many miles are on the slip ons because thats all I could think of - That they need re packing?
It doesnt have a power commander on it at the moment but I have a PCII I could hook up but not sure what map is on it. Worth a try?
Other ideas? I plan on changing the plugs. My next move would be to remove the entire exhaust and put all new exhaust gaskets in.
Really? Even if the oem covers are sealed off? I didnt go as far as removing them to see if the reed valves were still left under them but they were clearly disconnected and the holes filled with some kind of epoxy.
If the gaskets on the oem covers are still good - What would plates do that those arent?
I used to race a 600RR and the closest thing ive had to an RC is a buell xb12S so im new to this bike.
Im going to throw the PCII I have at home on it in a couple hours to see if that helps any. Will report back. If so - Then I'll go from there. If not - I guess I'll change exhaust gaskets and double check the pair valves
PCII I had isnt good. I put it on and bike fires up but stumbles a bit every now and then and I get the FI light blinking. I am going to have the check each and every wire on the PC to find whats up or take it to an electrical place down the road and see if he can find the problem. OR I just buy a PCIII USB and be done with it.
Regardless....due to the FI light I didnt want to take the chance and ride it so no clue if it made a difference on decel or not.
Grrr...I'll keep this updated with my progress for anyone who cares.
I tightened up all connections however I couldn't really find any leaks that were blatantly noticeable. I would rather not take the entire system off to replace all the gaskets if its not necessary but looks like it may be my only option.
Its not a physical problem per say - Its just annoying. If I have to learn to live with it I will but I think the bike is running lean as it gets worse when the bike heats up