power commander interchangable? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
power commander interchangable?

i have an 01 RC and i wanna put a power commander on it....will the 02 and up power commander work on the 01?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Yes it will. I did it too. It's come up a lot, and works for others as well. Just put the right map and it's ok.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

ok i found a PC3 usb for a 04, so it should be directly compatible with my 01, no modding needed?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
No modding needed. It mounts in the same. There's only two things to hook up: the main harness wire plugs into the bike's harness, and a ground to the battery. (CA bike may have O2 sensor harness also) The last time this came up, someone actually called DynoJet on the phone and their rep said it does work just fine. Just get the right map for your bike installed to it as soon as it's mounted in your bike. If you get one used like I did, it may have someone elses map left on.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

ok thanks i really appreciate the info jondog9, thats a great help and exactly what i was looking for

happy riding
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

are these things basically just plug up and play? do they work with mac? anyone know where to get a map for the akropovic Ti full system or something that would work with those well.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
are these things basically just plug up and play? do they work with mac? anyone know where to get a map for the akropovic Ti full system or something that would work with those well.
try the rogue rc51 site, they have plenty of maps there for the bike, as for the mac issue, that is a good Q?, but no i don't think its compatible unless its running windows.

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

do the pc2 maps work with the pc3? just as as good?....ya i had too whip out my old dell xps to hook up on there, its a sad day for my mac....i see rogue website, man i wish they were still accepting new members, im always on the prowl for more rc51 info.

thanks for the help guys

happy riding
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The dyno jet software won't work on a Mac unless you are using windows on it with parallels or boot camp.

The only difference between the SP1 and SP2 power commanders are the maps that thy come preloaded with from the factory.

I don't know about the differences from pc2 to pc3 USB, but the pc3r had a lower resolution than the USB, so I would assume that the pc2 does also. I can't imagine why you would want to run a map with lower resolution though.

Rogue isn't taking new members because Mike (LDH) is shutting the site down in the site in 2012 or something like that.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
The PCII worked differently than the PCIII,PCIIIr, and PCIIIUSB.

The PCII received sensor inputs, modified them according to the map info, and then fed them to the ECU.
Essentially the PCII alters the sensor inputs to the ECU to alter injection timing.
This is why the PCII connected directly to the ECU connector(s).

The PCIIIx series works the opposite. It alters the ECU injector timing outputs according to the map info.
It connects between the ECU and the injector harness.

The PCIIIr also added the capability of modifying the ignition timing for each cylinder for race purposed. The 'r' is for Race.
The PCIIIr Red connectors can be interconnected between the Pulse Generator outputs to the PCIIIr, and then on to the ECU.

The PCIIIUSB is an improved PCIII with a modular USB interface that allows optional modules to be connected via the USB bus.

Depending on the bike, it can be a timing module (to act similar to PCIIIr), a quick shifter module, and so on.

The PCIIIUSB also has the capability of having the injector timing sample resolution changed from the default of 250 times/second to 500 times/second for more precise injector tuning.

PCV is only for recent model ECUs that communicate via a CAN (Computer Area Network) bus.

Last edited by SubSailor; 11-23-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode