RC51 Forums banner

SP1 Service Connector

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  RacerM 
#1 ·
hi guys can someone tell me if this is what the service connector look like?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I've been asking myself that since I got the bike. If you unplug it you will notice that the removable end is shorting the connections in the coupler.
Apart from that, I couldn't find what that plug meant to do in the first place.
And it is not included in my manual's electric diagrams....

#5 ·
When you jumper the contacts of the service connector, and then switch the ignition to ON, it shows the know list of ECU faults.
It can also allow you to clear the list as well, so current faults can be listed.

The ECU keeps maintains all detected faults, so if a problem has been corrected, it would be good to clear the list so no confusion can result with old faults.

#11 ·
Diagram lists it as AFC, not sure WTF it means but I'm guessing its for teh VTEC :)D)

#12 ·
Its a connection point for certain ground loops. If you ever tear into the wiring you will notice you have a ton of grounds running through out and I assume Honda thought this would be a little cleaner or maybe a more simple way to tie them together. If you look really close they dont all tie together inside that plug, but they all end up grounded at the same place on the frame. If you ever do the wiring mod pay close attention to the grounds.
PS Im referring to the picture in the first post of this thread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.