SP1 Exhaust Options as of 2015? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dirtleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
SP1 Exhaust Options as of 2015?

New guy here. Hi.

So I've been doing some research and it appears that there aren't really many exhaust options available here. I would love a set of Ladybirds or a Yoshi RS3 setup but it seems only the SP2 has any quality options available new these days.

I recall a guy from SZ a few years ago peddling his BD junk. I will say right now I want no part of that.

It appears to me the real issue is the lack of any available mid or link pipes to get from the headers to the cans.

Is this correct? If not that then what, besides the fact there just aren't enough SP1's needing exhausts to justify making them, would be the issue?
Dirtleg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
innovativems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
you can adapt an sp2 header to work and then run sp2 slip ons. That's what i did for my sp1 motor in sp2 chassis. simon is the one you want to hit up for sp1 options. He is the man
innovativems is offline  
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
RC-DEVIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,303
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
there are a bunch of sp1 exhaust on ebay by Remus


2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
RC-DEVIL is offline  
 
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
I have a few SP1 exhausts options here. FULL akrapovic or a slip on Banzai ti/CF ETHOS setup.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is online now  
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Switch to a SP2 header. That's the best start, then you can run any of the plethora of SP2 slip-ons.
I'd suggest to go with Sato's or LadyBirds. They seem to be the ones that make the best HP and torque. Of course, you need a Power Commander or Bazzaz with a canned fuel map or better yet a Dyno tune.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dirtleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the feedback.

It's funny as I've thought I would just leave it stock for the longest time but the urge to uncork the beautiful sounds this bike makes has gotten overwhelming.

And a Power Commander is needed too. Just too choppy in on/off throttle transitions at lower speeds. That's gotten old.

What's ironic is the guy I bought it from had an exhaust and PC on the bike before he sold it to me. Put it back to stock and sold them on Ebay before putting the bike up for sale. Oh well.
Dirtleg is offline  
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtleg View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

It's funny as I've thought I would just leave it stock for the longest time but the urge to uncork the beautiful sounds this bike makes has gotten overwhelming.

And a Power Commander is needed too. Just too choppy in on/off throttle transitions at lower speeds. That's gotten old.

What's ironic is the guy I bought it from had an exhaust and PC on the bike before he sold it to me. Put it back to stock and sold them on Ebay before putting the bike up for sale. Oh well.
I've been thru 7 different sets of slip-ons in my whoring for the perfect setup since I swapped to SP2 exhaust.
Finally settled with Sato low mounts and a map from LDH's mods page. :doublesmiley:

It's common for sellers to take the upgrades of the bike and sell them seperate, get more $$ that way.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Dirtleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I've been thru 7 different sets of slip-ons in my whoring for the perfect setup since I swapped to SP2 exhaust.
Finally settled with Sato low mounts and a map from LDH's mods page. :doublesmiley:

It's common for sellers to take the upgrades of the bike and sell them seperate, get more $$ that way.
Funny you should mention that. I am actively working out a deal for Sato low mounts at the moment. Wish me luck. If these or the Ladybird slip ons were still available new for the SP1 I would have never even had to start this thread.

I had started looking for a SP2 header when I came across the Satos and thought why not.
Dirtleg is offline  
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
wingnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maple Plain Mn.
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtleg View Post
Funny you should mention that. I am actively working out a deal for Sato low mounts at the moment. Wish me luck. If these or the Ladybird slip ons were still available new for the SP1 I would have never even had to start this thread.

I had started looking for a SP2 header when I came across the Satos and thought why not.
let me know if you get an sp-2 header...
wingnutt is offline  
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
CapeCodderRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape Cod Massachusetts
Posts: 1,239
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Hmmm , SP1 Akropovic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3139.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	98041  

Growing old is mandatory , Growing up is Optional
BOTM / April 2014 , October 2016
Clint / 2000 RC51 #414
CapeCodderRC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome