RC51 Forums banner

Sp1 Battery Relocate ??? designs ???

7K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Duckhunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, I am just finishing up my own version of an SP1 shortened "race" sub frame and cleaning up all the electrics and so on, Turned out nice:).... The bike is never gonna see two people again and pulling off the tail for any reason is a major PITA and I am always worried I am gonna crack it by having to flex it over the regulator and the rear brake fluid holder, and I am done with losing my tail seat cowl too, it has happened twice:rolleyes:..... I am going to relocate the light weight battery I picked up to under the oil filter for further tidying. I know how to do all the wiring and that, Just curious to see if anyone has a good picture or a design for a battery box or hanger that they have made or used to do this. I am sketching out my own design for it, but want to see if there is better options out there.
Thanks all :D

#2 ·
hey bro, I made my own version of the prototype SP3 using the tail off an 05 CBR1000rr. That tail took away all storage space so I had to relocate my battery box as well. I made a steel box hangar and located it in the front of the bike just below the oil filter. I will eventually do a write up on how it all went down. Hope my location helps.

#3 ·
Thanks for posting up....
I completed the relocation of my battery to under the oil filter last week. I fabricated my own battery tray/hanger that mounts to the 2 oil pan bolts furthest to the front/left.
I left the starter relay where it was from factory. I re used the ground cable that was on the bike and picked up some new cable for going to the relay from battery. I am very happy with how it turned out. I will post pics soon on my project thread.
You used a tail of a '05 cbr ??? Pics ??? Sound interesting for sure !!!

#6 ·
Hey guys cut a lil slack:rolleyes:, I got a REDHEAD for a wife and two little ankle biter reheads as well:eek:, time is something I do NOT have much of right now as it's the last few shopping days before Christmas. I will try to get pic's up soon as I just started my days off.:D

#10 ·
Hey guys cut a lil slack:rolleyes:, I got a REDHEAD for a wife and two little ankle biter reheads as well:eek:, time is something I do NOT have much of right now
I really like this... Being that my heritage of Scot Irish,German, and having to grow up, under the supervision of four Red-head aunts, an uncle that was all Irish-and drank scotch:D. D.Hunter-you have my sympathy:eek::eek:

#12 ·
Yellow Kevlar / Carbon Fiber Battery Relocate tray.... I have a sheet metal heat shield made up now too..... still playing around with ideas

This one is 2strokersmokers.

#17 ·
It will be when I finish the upgraded design of the tray ..... I am talking with Brett from TurnOne via email.... I may be picking up all his molds ;):cool:

I like the idea. I would like to see it road tested over a few weeks to test it's long term durability.
I am sure they are strong enough for the lithium battery's. Lead acid needed is YTZ7S.

I'm planning on testing the crap out of that one right there^^^^^.
LOL, I hope you like what you see bud..... It will be in you hands soon.;)

#16 · (Edited)
And another Basic Carbon one...both sides are the same.....

They just need a light polish and good to go..... 3 sold so far.... 1 complete kit as well.

And another HoneyComb one too !!! I like the design of it.....

#18 ·
Update....

Here is 2 more pics of what can be offered with the tray....

- I fabricated a heat shield for a guy that bought one of the full carbon trays, he was concerned about heat so I included a free heat shield which I designed and made up.

- Also, I fabricated up another positive loom and ground cable as he wanted to retain his stock stuff in case he reverted back to OEM one day.

Still working on the updated design for the battery tray as well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.