Fuel Pump - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fuel Pump

Purchased back my 2000 SP-1 and it came with the leaking tank so I am switching out to an SP-2 Tank. My question is can the SP-2 Fuel pump be used on the SP-1?

Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
16700-MCF-D32 Same for all years, so yes, you can use on SP-1 as it is the same part.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick response.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know the difference between 16700-MCF-D32 & 16700-MCF-D61? I though I read somewhere where it was the connector to the pump but I am not sure.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:18 PM

Garage
O.K. ya got me. 2000-2003 use the D32 pump and 04-06 use the D61. Doubt there is a difference in the plug and I suspect that eventually they will all use the D61. But I don't work for a dealer anymore so you could check with them as the final authority. I looked at my local Honda dealers parts reference online and D32 for all US models through 2003. IF the plug changed that would mean they would change the rear wire harness as well and I don't see them changing the plug. The last 3 digits in a Honda part number usually indicate color or material so If primary number 16700 for fuel pump and center code MCF for originating model, RC51 in this case, didn't change pump is likely the same and and has some minor upgrade. There can be exceptions as always. I just ordered one about 3 months ago and it may have been a D61. Seems like something sticks in my old fart brain about that order. Was cheaper than dealer by about $20 but also free shipping and no tax so about $55 savings over my local dealer who has a discounted price of $408. $383 from Partzilla. Hope this helps.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Thank you 10THbikE as that helps a lot as I have had no luck trying to figure out the part change from D32 to D61. Looking at pictures of both models (selling used) everything looks like it matches up so I was curious.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Garage
As you may have noticed the electrics can come from several different companies. It's possible the 04-06 models used a pump from another supplier or one of the pieces on the assembly came from another supplier. This could trigger a change in the part number. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 are interchangeable. I believe the fuel pressure is the same for all the models so it's a possibility. The wire harness numbers changed so that's the only thing that makes me wonder. If it did have a different plug but fit the tank with same fuel pressure and same 3 wire plug it would be easy to change the plug. But not necessary in your case. Just something I got to thinking about as OEM parts are slowly going away.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

I think you may be right that the plug was changed in 2004 as I have tried to get a good look from used units and the contacts in the plug look different. Wire colors are still the same just a different plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode