RC51 Forums banner

Black colour natch for SP1 wheels

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Straycat 
#1 · (Edited)
Metallic Black colour Match for SP1 wheels

Anyone have a current Automotive colour code or Vehicle Name and year that matched the Metallic black of the SP1 Wheels?.

I knew my front wheel had a couple of scrapes/gouges from the low side it had, but I also just found there is a substantial dent in the rim as well. I have a place locally that can repair both the gouges and the dent, however ill have to repaint the rim after they are done, I suspect.

So if anyone has a good match that my local auto paint store can look-up Id appreciate it. I don't think the optical scammer they use would have have the ability to scan from a wheel as there isn't enough flat surface to put it against, so I cant get a code that way

#3 · (Edited)
Yea, thanks, I searched there and found only the Honda OEM colour codes (eg NH194M Heavy Grey Metallic) which 1) are not Paint codes, they are colour codes and 2) paint shops cannot generate a mixing formula from them, they just dont come up with anything to cross reference to, at best they will tell you its a Honda code but will not generate a formula to mix.

I have run into this issue many times with my projects, so I always take in a body panel to get it optically scanned. Never in all my years of bike projects has a paint shop been able to generate a mixing formula from a Honda bike colour code. Hence my interest in an automotive mixing code/paint name and name and year of vehicle.

Colorite are hit and miss, some of their colours have been quite good, while others are not even close. Not to mention the outrageous prices.

if you know of a different thread with actual mixable codes, please add a link to it.

I will be getting the silver and red scanned in March -- Ill post those to the forum. If I can get a match off the wheels ill post that as well

#7 ·
Ahhh. LOL, OK

Yea, im learning every day, at least I try.

re the colour codes, I suspect thats why Colorite can make a business on Motorcycle paint and charge what they do. If all the colour codes were translatable by paint suppliers/pain shops, colorite would be out of business.

I believe all the manufacturers paint codes are like that, Suzuki for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.