post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2002 RC51 taming the Dragon

Here's my 2002 RC51!
Sato Racing Banzai High's
Sato Racing Rear Sets
Power Commander
And all the mods, flapper valve, smog block off plates, soft rev limiter etc.

It's been wrecked and I rebuilt it with a 2004 signature tank. The photos all are taken on the Dragon Tail ride in the east Tennesse Smokey Mnts. when I lived there a mere 20 miles away. What great fun that was to ride the Dragon on my RC almost every weekend, something like 384 turns in 11 miles. I took the photo of the bike parked and the others were taken of me riding on the Dragon by the Killboy.com guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC021591.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	259   Click image for larger version

Name:	01079.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	260   Click image for larger version

Name:	01080.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	261   Click image for larger version

Name:	01078.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	262  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 AM

Great looking bike and action pics!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Great lookin bike. I to have to say the Dragon is a great road. I lived in Cherokee for almost a year right at the botom of the main road that comes down the mountain from Gatlinburg.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

dragon

Ahh, so you must know the Killboy.com web site or saw them parked along the Dragon taking pictures. I was coming out of Marryville, TN real close to the bottom of the Dragon.

I was in Cherokee once or twice, think I had lunch there once with my wife and rode thru once or twice on my RC. Once on the way to the Blue Ridge Pkwy which was an awesome road tour I did, not too many RC's there like on the Dragon but still fun stuff.

I'm back in Kalifornia now and there are lots of rides here that are every bit as good as the Dragon. We even have a place or two where bikers gather like at The Gap on the Dragon, one is called The Rock Store on Mulholland Hwy.

I do miss the Dragon though and am glad to say I have ridden The Tail of the Dragon.

ride on
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

more back story and pics

Hey all,

They said to provide some story behind the bike and I realize the bike itself is nice I think but, maybe not outstanding, all the usual and recomended best upgrades. Didn't mention the fork has been rebuilt and tuned by Kyle Racing.

Anyway I said it was crached once, I bought it new and rode it daily to work, 60 miles one way splitting traffic on the 405 in So CA. Then one day went up on Hwy 33 above Ojai, Ca and got too crazy, actually I think there was something on the road that caused me to lose the front.

Spent 2 weeks in the hospital with a broken back, shattered the L3 vertibrea which was replaced with a titanium implant ( just like the pipes on my RC). And I broke 6 ribs, one of which was removed and used in the implant in my back and also broke my coller bone. 6 months off work and hrad rehab.

But I went back to work and rebuilt my RC and am riding it today, albiet a little bit slower and smarter. My plan is to keep this RC and ride it till i can't ride no more, it's a Honda.... so I know it will outlast me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 PM

i live at the base of hwy 33 and ur one of the lucky ones to come out alive.atleast one guy a week gets put in the obituaries or in the hospital.love the rode and ride it all the time great fun but u got to know the rode before u go crazy.glad u made it out ok.great rc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode