Wiring problem - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Unhappy Wiring problem

Just instaled my new flush mount turn signals. One problem, My dash turn light stays lit. The factory harness has three wires and the new one has two. I took the turn and marker wires and put them with the hot of the flush mount and then hooked the two grounds. Marker and turn signals work,just the dash lite stays lit.

Last edited by scottyj; 08-31-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You need to dump the marker light function and just use the turn signal and ground wires!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Smile wiring problem

Solved it and have both lights working now.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm having the same issue, but with 3 wire flush mounts. I could understand if my lights were the 2 wire version, but shouldn't it function as a marker AND a directional if it has 3 wires?
It works fine with all 3 hooked up but the dash light stays on. Dash light only works like it's supposed to if I unhook the wire for the running light, but then, well... I lose my running lights. lol

-Tony B
00 RC51
06 Evo IX

Last edited by Ev0lv3d; 09-02-2009 at 09:50 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0lv3d View Post
I'm having the same issue, but with 3 wire flush mounts. I could understand if my lights were the 2 wire version, but shouldn't it function as a marker AND a directional if it has 3 wires?
It works fine with all 3 hooked up but the dash light stays on. Dash light only works like it's supposed to if I unhook the wire for the running light, but then, well... I lose my running lights. lol
You must have the wires switched. Check on the bike for the running light. It'll be the one with more power. You'll need a volt meter. The directions on you flush mounts should tell which wire is marker and which is turn. the factory harness has three,1-ground,1-marker,and 1-turn. I believe the blue w/white wire is the turn and the blue is marker, and green is ground.

Last edited by scottyj; 09-07-2009 at 10:37 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyj View Post
You must have the wires switched. Check on the bike for the running light. It'll be the one with more power. You'll need a volt meter. The directions on you flush mounts should tell which wire is marker and which is turn. the factory harness has three,1-ground,1-marker,and 1-turn. I believe the blue w/white wire is the turn and the blue is marker, and green is ground.
nope. Checked them with the multimeter first. Then tried swapping them after for the hell of it. Same shit...

-Tony B
00 RC51
06 Evo IX
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

wiring problem

Sounds just like my 2 wire flush mount problem. The way I solved mine, was to go to Radio Shack and by two packs of diodes(5400's) about $1.50/pack. I then placed one on the blue wires to my flush mount wire and one from the blue/white stripe to the other flush mount wire. To make sure they worked, I tried connecting them loosely with a small piece of tape. It worked,so I wired them in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode