Yoshi RS3's - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yoshi RS3's

Hey everyone, I have a '04 with yoshi's on it and I have a weird question. Does the right hand side pipe sit a little higher then the left? My right pipe sits about 1 inch higher then my left. I'm wondering if thats regular or if something on my bike is tweaked.

Thanks in advance for any imput!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Probably just need to loosen all the clamps and hanger bolts and tweak the pipes a little to get the alignment you're looking for.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They should sit level...try what JD suggested.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Probably just need to loosen all the clamps and hanger bolts and tweak the pipes a little to get the alignment you're looking for.
X2

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

|--Honda Racing----| | | '|";,__.
|_..._...__________| |_|_|.....,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

So let me tell you the real story..(embarassing). I had a brain cramp a month back and when I was backing my bike out, I didn't realize my neighbor was home. So my dumb ass backed into the side of her car. I hit her door with my right can which jacked the can and strap. I replaced both the can and strap but it still sits about an inch higher then the left can. Do you think it's possible that I bent the rear passenger peg with that hit? Thats the only thing I can think of that would raise the pipe like that.

It's not that bad, you have to be standing behind the bike to see it....but it bugs the s%&t out of me!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I think the passenger pegs are cast so would probably break rather than bend. But I think they're attached to aluminum framing under the tail, and maybe you twisted / bent that?

I'm new to RC's, so this is coming from what I think I know
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 PM

I doubt you bent the passenger pegs or the subframe the pegs mount too.
I would guess that with the leverage of hitting only the one pipe like that might have tweaked the whole exhaust all the way back to the gaskets at the heads.
Not saying the pipes are tweaked but rather the gaskets been having pulled to one side or another.
I would pull it all off and check everything over real close and out it back on with some new gaskets all around....

No Novels!

Fricken GOLD battery!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:48 PM

So ... what did you do to her car?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

I left a nice round dent in the side of her door. She was cool about it, Ins. took care of her. Do you really think it tweaked it all the way back to the header? The only reason I ask is because the mid pipe is hard mounted to the frame....and the pipe is mounted from there to the passenger peg. I don't see how it could tweak it all the way back, it wasn't that hard of a hit. Maybe I'm wrong, just think the height difference would be from either the peg strap or the mid pipe....I don't know, like I said it just bothers me.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTJeeper View Post
I left a nice round dent in the side of her door. She was cool about it, Ins. took care of her. Do you really think it tweaked it all the way back to the header? The only reason I ask is because the mid pipe is hard mounted to the frame....and the pipe is mounted from there to the passenger peg. I don't see how it could tweak it all the way back, it wasn't that hard of a hit. Maybe I'm wrong, just think the height difference would be from either the peg strap or the mid pipe....I don't know, like I said it just bothers me.
It would bother me, too! Un-bolt (loosen) everything and see if something eases free / falls back into alignment. If not, you'll prob at least see what's bent & can either fix it or accommodate it. My cans were so close to the swing arm they had been dragging on it so I inserted 1 washer on the left side and 4 or 5 on the right to push both cans outward enough to stop contacting the swing arm. Can't believe owner(s) before me didn't fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode