Finally got my RC51 (SP2)! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to oldgeezer
Finally got myself an RC51

After searching for a couple of years, I finally found a clean 06 with 10k miles.
Couldn't find a scratch on it, and she's basically stock except for aftermarket Jardine cans, undertail w/integrated tail light/turn signals, and flush mount turn signals up front. Hate to part with my faithful VFR800fi, but this RC has seduced me, especially with the sexy metallic gray and black paint scheme. She's a beaut.
I know it'll be a totally different ride from my previous VFR and Blackbird, but I'm anxious to begin the learning curve. Any riding tips for this first time RC rider?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95044594_1thumb_550x410.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	453   Click image for larger version

Name:	95044594_2thumb_550x410.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	454  

Last edited by oldgeezer; 02-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Good lookin' bike. I'm learning the rc also. Bought mine last month but couldn't bring myself the give up the old viffer. Looks like two bike in the garage for now!
There's going to be a vfr ride at the dragon May 31st-June 4th. I think there are going to be some RC's also (I'm riding mine if my roommate can get time off work I'll let him ride the vfr...If not I'm taking the vfr.) Here's the thread if you want to go. http://vfrworld.com/forums/usa-south...ng-2010-a.html It's long but just amounts to we're staying at the kickstand lodge and the dates are 5/31-6/4.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	22665_684589375625_38404934_38501550_4786055_n.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	455  

If things are coming your way...then you're probably in the wrong lane

Last edited by Comicus; 02-10-2010 at 06:34 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM

congrats on the find.... i love the black color scheme ..... it wont take long to get used to especially since its so hard to get off it once your riding

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Nice looking '06.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Finally got myself an RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicus View Post
Good lookin' bike. I'm learning the rc also. Bought mine last month but couldn't bring myself the give up the old viffer. Looks like two bike in the garage for now!
Know what? I've been agonizing for weeks whether or not to trade in my 5th gen (see pic) but this morning I came to the realization that getting rid of her would be a huge mistake. So like you, guess it'll be two bikes in the garage for me as well. That said, the Viffer and the RC do make a nice couple, though, don't ya think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vfrsmall.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	458   Click image for larger version

Name:	95044594_2thumb_550x410.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	459  

Last edited by oldgeezer; 02-11-2010 at 10:16 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM

lol... congrats...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
Know what? I've been agonizing for weeks whether or not to trade in my 5th gen (see pic) but this morning I came to the realization that getting rid of her would be a huge mistake. So like you, guess it'll be two bikes in the garage for me as well. That said, the Viffer and the RC do make a nice couple, though, don't ya think?
That's a good looking 5th gen. First go for a ride on the rc and then on the vfr. The vfr will feel like your favorite lazy boy.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Comicas, had never heard of Lascassa, TN so did a google and discovered it's near Murfreesboro. Dang, what a coincidence. One of my best riding buddies lives in Murfreesboro and he was with me when I plunked down my deposit on the RC. We drove down to Elk River Powersports in Fayetteville, which is where I bought the bike. He had a Ducati Multistrada for a couple of years, then bought a Triumph Sprint RS which he's been on for about the last 3 years. We hook up alot at McDonalds for breakfast in McMinnville, then do a little riding. We all need to hook up sometime, but keep in mind you'll probably have to stop and wait for us to catch up periodically - we're a couple of old farts, been riding together since we bought new Norton Commandos way back in the seventies. My forum name speaks for itself.

Doug
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 PM

That sounds good to me. My work schedule is weird being a pilot and all but I'm always down for a ride. As for keeping up with me I'm sure with all your experience it would be the other way around!
dustin

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicus View Post
That sounds good to me. My work schedule is weird being a pilot and all but I'm always down for a ride. As for keeping up with me I'm sure with all your experience it would be the other way around!
dustin
Cool, if the weather ever clears, maybe we can hook up for a ride in the future. I did a little flying several years ago, got my private license (glider w/aero tow) then followed that up with power lessons but ran out of money (and time) so never went any further. A buddy and I have secured a trailer and we're supposed to go pick up the RC in the morning, but crap, it's snowing like crazy here. I'm getting antsy and aggrivated with this damned weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode