PC3r tuning Dankyle map etc??? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PC3r tuning Dankyle map etc???

Ok guys, Ill try to make this short. Just bought an 02 thats got PC3r with low mount satos on it. Pair/Flapper done. I have no clue what map is on the bike or if it was custom done on a dyno. I downloaded the software from powercommander online and the map bundle from the RC51.org board. So with that said, am I able to download the map thats currently on the bike and save it so I can see how the other map does? And if it doesnt feel as good just load it back onto the PC? Also, has anyone used the map from the org board specifically for the low mount satos? I loaded it onto the software and it gave me all the different values etc, so I assume thats all it needs. I just thought he charged for the maps, but it was there.

Thanks, Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Yes, If you have the software, it will let you see the installed map and save it to your laptop. Pretty easy to do, definitely save it if it is custom to your set up.

I'm really too old to be doing this!
2006 Triumph Sprint
2004 Honda RC 51
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Sprintman. Ill post the map if it differs from the ones online. So anyone use the lowmount sato map on the RC51.org board?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 AM

did you do the soft rev mod on your bike as well? and have you downloaded your map yet? im looking for a map for my bike with akra slipons, pair mod, flapper mod, and soft rev mod performed.. if you have those mods, and dont mind sharing your original map i would appreciate it if you could email it to me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

I dont have the soft rev done, but all the other mods I have. The bike has a pretty smooth power delivery with the current map so I havent really had the desire to check it with the other map yet. I will definitely post the map online when I get to it though. I have a ton of other things to do first, so it may be a week or so.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 02:23 AM

I did the soft rev last night and let me tell ya, you want that last thousand rpm.
Wow.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 AM

looking forward to feeling the difference first hand myself. my bike is still on stands, half together as i have to finish race prepping it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 AM

03 Rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeez View Post
Ok guys, Ill try to make this short. Just bought an 02 thats got PC3r with low mount satos on it. Pair/Flapper done. I have no clue what map is on the bike or if it was custom done on a dyno. I downloaded the software from powercommander online and the map bundle from the RC51.org board. So with that said, am I able to download the map thats currently on the bike and save it so I can see how the other map does? And if it doesnt feel as good just load it back onto the PC? Also, has anyone used the map from the org board specifically for the low mount satos? I loaded it onto the software and it gave me all the different values etc, so I assume thats all it needs. I just thought he charged for the maps, but it was there.

Thanks, Sam
So guys, I bought a 03RC last winter. I just got a set of low mount Satos that I'll be installing soon. I'm looking to get a PC3 as well. What gains can I expect from this? Also, What the hell is the "flapper" mod and the soft rev mod? How do I do those things? The soft rev thing from what I gather is just to release the last 1000 rpms, but what's the flapper valve?

Also, does anyone know anything about adjusting the suspension on these things??

Thanks
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 03:14 PM

go to www.rc51.org and it will show you how to do the flapper, soft rev, and pair mod.

flapper is a butterfly valve in the snorkel that cuts air flow for epa reasons in the mid range. removing it removes the dip in power with no negatives at all.

the soft rev removes the soft limiter that was put on US made bikes so you get the extra 1k revs (and approx. 5whp).

pair mod is emissions too.

as far as suspension goes you have to set your sag first, and then try some basic settings for a starting point.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...ngs/index.html
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfgsxr View Post
go to www.rc51.org and it will show you how to do the flapper, soft rev, and pair mod.

flapper is a butterfly valve in the snorkel that cuts air flow for epa reasons in the mid range. removing it removes the dip in power with no negatives at all.

the soft rev removes the soft limiter that was put on US made bikes so you get the extra 1k revs (and approx. 5whp).

pair mod is emissions too.

as far as suspension goes you have to set your sag first, and then try some basic settings for a starting point.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_...ngs/index.html
Thanks man. I have a set of Satos coming, I guess the consensus is the Dan Kyle Power Commander is best. I'll work on the rest of the mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode