Anyone try the cheap Frame Sliders work out good 4 u? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone try the cheap Frame Sliders work out good 4 u?

I have a 2003 RC51. want to get some frame slides but don't have a lot of money... Does it make a differance which frame sliders you use? Are the cheap ones just as good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM

I've mounted up cheaper the T-Rex Racing ones, and they seem like they'll work about as well as the more expensive ones.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 PM

I tried the Yoyodynes in the link....

They suck. Mine broke off and I didn't even drop the bike. It slid out one side and just about fell out. I used a tq wrench with blue loctite to install them to suggested tq specs.

When I contacted them for parts, they, like the frame sliders suck. I submitted an order online and heard nothing for two weeks. Card wasn't billed, parts weren't sent. They didn't call or e-mail. I e-mailed them and told them to cancel the order. I was nice about it. They e-mailed back and canceled the order. Didn't even try and make me happy.

In short, while Yoyodyne makes some okay parts, I will never buy anything with their name on it again. In this economy people are spending less money on items like this that are not a need, but a want. Apparently Yoyodyne doesn't need the money. That's fine.... I have no issue spending it elsewhere!

Last edited by Tampa RC51; 05-12-2010 at 05:56 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM

ive also got the trex sliders and they are made of the same material (delrin) as the expensive ones, and that is the best material to make sliders out of.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Old & Slow Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa RC51 View Post
I tried the Yoyodynes in the link....

They suck. Mine broke off and I didn't even drop the bike. It slid out one side and just about fell out. I used a tq wrench with blue loctite to install them to suggested tq specs.

When I contacted them for parts, they, like the frame sliders suck. I submitted an order online and heard nothing for two weeks. Card wasn't billed, parts weren't sent. They didn't call or e-mail. I e-mailed them and told them to cancel the order. I was nice about it. They e-mailed back and canceled the order. Didn't even try and make me happy.

In short, while Yoyodyne makes some okay parts, I will never buy anything with their name on it again. In this economy people are spending less money on items like this that are not a need, but a want. Apparently Yoyodyne doesn't need the money. That's fine.... I have no issue spending it elsewhere!
I don't know when you tried to contact them but just a short time ago, they relocated their shop and there was some down time. Fred is a stand up guy and has been doing business for a long time. I have never had an issue with anything I've ordered from them and service has always been great.

FWIW, the best way to get in touch with Fred is to "call" him.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM

I use T-rex racing sliders also. I like them but I have not tested them yet. (not crashed).

They are softer than the ones I replaced and I really like the stainless rod they use. I replaced the old ones because of the rust on the old rod.

They have ridges cut into them that look like they are made to snap off in a bad fall to help prevent cart-wheeling, (My opinion) the way it looks, at least to me anyway. I'm no engineer so....

Here a link from another forum from 2007 discussing all that stuff.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=58775

John

Last edited by Iceman_JD; 06-10-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: poor grammer
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
I don't know when you tried to contact them but just a short time ago, they relocated their shop and there was some down time. Fred is a stand up guy and has been doing business for a long time. I have never had an issue with anything I've ordered from them and service has always been great.

FWIW, the best way to get in touch with Fred is to "call" him.
If that information was explained to me I would have told him to continue with the order. There was no effort to retain my business so I assumed my business was not important to them.

If phone is what they prefer, they should not allow website ordering.

They may be great, but they pissed me off once and that is enough. Now I have four slider holders, three sliders and no mounting bolt. So... it's worthless crap basically.

I do appreciate your input though.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I had a set the dealer purchased when I bought my bike the bolt began rusting shortly after my first rain storm I was caught in. I then bought a pair of SATO sliders for my 04. Then came the hard November day when leaving a parking lot I went down. The SATO sliders did more than their job. My right Radiator was in mint shape after the ride and the right fairing was untouched. I did however grind the slider down pretty good and the mid pipe helped take the blunt. I was going to get cheaper ones but decided for about an extra 30-40 dollars I would stay with my SATO's.
My 2 cents you get what you pay for either in the bolt or the slider itself.

2004 RC51 with multipul mods
1985 VF1000R SOLD 😭
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Old & Slow Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa RC51 View Post
Now I have four slider holders, three sliders and no mounting bolt. So... it's worthless crap basically.
I would really give Fred a call just to see if he could do anything. Can't hurt and maybe he will suprise you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode