Throttle cut with F1 light - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Throttle cut with F1 light

Hey guys new to the forum and wanting to ask about a problem I am having. Here is what I have, 2004 RC51 with Two Brothers pipes and the older Power Commander. I think its a Power Commander II. I have had the bike since it was brand new and had the pipes and Commander on it since I first bought it. It has given me years of trouble free riding but recently it has been cutting out on me at freeway speeds. While riding with a constant throttle setting on the freeway under average weather conditions the throttle will cut out and come right back on with the F1 light illuminating at the same time. It is an intermintent problem but will happen several times during a ride. It is not only annoying but can be potentially dangerous. I am wondering if the Power Commander has dumped on me or if there is something i can do before taking it in and paying big money to have it looked at. I tried adjusting the Power Commander which was set at the highest settings to just above mid point on the low mid and high settings with no success. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
First, check that your battery connections and ground lead are tight and corrosion free.
Second, try removing the power commander from the circuit.
It may not run as well, but it might eliminate one possibility.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Again you have given me good info, thanks bro I appreciate it I will do as you suggested.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm having the same exact problem. I did check the battery terminal. The positive lead was slightly loose! I tightend it, but have not rode the bike since. I hope that's it!!!

I'll keep you posted, if that solves the problem. If not I'll try to let you know what I find out.

Let me know what you find out!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Subsailor you are the man what can I say. I checked the battery tonight and the positive lead was very loose. Problem solved. Im kind of embarassed to have missed something so simple. Believe it or not I am actually very mechanicaly inclined but never had thought it would be something so simple. Not only did you save me a handful of money having to go to the shop but guess what I will be riding to work tomorrow. Yeah buddy.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Glad to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode