RC51 Forums banner

Installing Spal Pusher fans

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  atvrcr500 
#1 Ā·
I received my pusher fans last week and played with them before installing them. I had an old factory fan I had bought off Ebay to play with reversing the direction of the fans before tearing mine off my 04.
The Spal's do push a lot more air. However when I pulled my radiators off I was totally shocked at what I saw. I had damage to my radiators where the bearing must be going out on the fans as both sides had pushed the vanes down.
Is this common with the factory fans? Both sides you had wear on the radiators and I was extremly happy I was able to catch it as I just had my 16K check up from the dealer and they said nothing LOL.
Pictures of the damage and how I mounted the new fans will be up tomorrow after I shrink my pictures LOL

#3 Ā·
Here is a few shots of the damage and brackets I built. It is interesting that I have owned the bike new in the create. The dealer up until I got tired of them not fixing what I wanted had worked on it. Now I do all my own work except the valve adjustment. Need to make time for that LOL.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.