Ignition problem? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ignition problem?

Hi all, I have an 03 with 12,600 mi. A PCIII mapped by Dan Kyle and Sato Carbon lo mounts. I've never had a problem of any sort with this bike until Sat. I got it out of Winter storage, stuck the battery in it and it fired right up. After warm up I rode it home, about 5 miles and it ran as strong as ever.
After sitting about 3 hours I was going to go for a short ride and park it for the day. I started it again for warm up and after about a minute it started to stumble and miss, then i found it was only running on the front cylinder. I shut it down and now, other than an occasional pop out of the right hand pipe, it won't start. My battery was quite low so I went and got a new gel cell but that was not the problem. I'm getting fuel vapor curling out of the left pipe when i roll it over so I don't think it's a fuel issue. I'm going to disconnect the PC and plug the stock system back together and see if it runs, but I can't do that until tomorrow evening. Anyone ever had something similar to this happen before? I'm used to wrenching on my old Shovelhead which is about as complicated as a pipe wrench. I figured I would post the question here before hauling it to a dealer and a big buck check up.
Thanks
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I'd say wait and see how it runs with the power commander out of the way.
Hopefully the plugs aren't fouled too badly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode