Hey guys. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys.

Hey guys, New member here. So this is the story. I have owned my 2003 Sv1000s for about 4 years now. It just hit 16,600 miles. Still runs like a top. But its time for something new. I have always loved the rc51s. They seem to be very hard to find around here. So after searching the internet for hours I finally found one. Its a 2002, got a 2-1 Jardine exhaust. The thing is CLEAN. They want 5995 for it. I think I can probably talk them down a little bit. The only problem is it has 19000 miles on it. Is that a lot for this bike? It looks like its been well taken care of. I really want this thing but im just worried a little about that. Im sure if i keep up with the regular maintance I should be fine right? Also how does it perform compared to the Sv? I know the SV has gobs of torque and it is pretty quick. Im pretty sure the rc51 is a whole different animal.. If they still have this thing Im going to go look at it saturday. Wish me luck! I love me some RC51... -Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Welcome to the forum!! My bike has 20 + and runs like a champ you shouldn't have any problems with it... you could probably find one with that many miles for a little bit less offer him 5000$ good luck with the purchase

2000 RVT 1000R
Scorpion high mount shorties
custom paint/powdercoated wheels
flapper/pair delete
Titax quickset levers
K/N filters
Vortex chain,sprockets and frame sliders
apex cone HID conversion
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I say it depends on how bad you want one - right now. Cause that's a little high, but if you say inventory is scarce in your area, then that counts too. Where I live, I'd expect a final price about 4800-5400 depending on mods. 19K is nothing to worry about on these bikes, as long as it's been taken care of. It's SP2, that's good in a lot of ways. The SP2 was given a real good tweaking by honda engineers and it was good stuff. 2000 & 2001 SP1's are still awesome on their own merit, but the SP2 is just a tad better, engineering wise. The only other difference I can think of is 05 and 06 came in black/black. since their newer, usually low milage and fetch about 1000 more than the red bikes.

I never rode a sv, so I don't know. I rode a vfr for couple years, the rc51 will eat it up for lunch in every way. Just takes a little more talent to keep good balance at super low speeds, like u-turns and splitting lanes. yea. we get to do that here! Good ole CA.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No offense dude but encouraging conversation with a thread named "Hey guys" is not conductive to creating a database of meaningful information for anyone.
I think you should keep your SV by the way!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGara View Post
No offense dude but encouraging conversation with a thread named "Hey guys" is not conductive to creating a database of meaningful information for anyone.
I think you should keep your SV by the way!
Not conducive to being read and definetly will become a quickly lost thread.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:12 AM

I was in the same boat last week, had an 06 SV1k, sold it and bought an 04 RC the next day! WAY different bike, a little less comfortable for commuting, but OMG BETTER in the twisties!!!! WAY more stable, I love it and dont regret my decision one bit!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Price is a bit steep for that many miles. you can find one with under 10,000 miles in great condition for 4k or one in fair condition for about 3500. But like jondog said it depends on whats available in the area.....if they are scarce you won't have that many options.
My opinion, if you really want it then who is to say how much you spend on it? Pay what you think its worth. if you really like it, i say buy it.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode