Need Help Mounting Stock Radiators 2002 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need Help Mounting Stock Radiators 2002

I recently picked up a 2002 model that was a track bike with the front mount radiators. They were removed and I'm trying to mount the stock radiators back on but I cannot figure out the radiator hose routing.

I got everything in a box of parts so I don't know what goes where. Could someone please post pics of their stock radiators and how the hoses are routed.

I need to know how that pipe/hose goes on and where it crosses over. Also where the Y adapter goes. Any help y'all could give me would be great. I've been pulling my hair out in my hot garage all day. I'm anxious to get this bike back together so I can go ride!...

Which hose goes here?

The upper hose on here goes directly to the water pump. If I put that crossover pipe through here I have nothing to connect it to on the right side.

This is looking up from the left side. I don't know where the T goes.

These are the parts I have left.

Here's how it was before.

Last edited by Boat; 07-02-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Still need help with this guys. Anyone want to help a newbie?

The hose that I have attached to the right radiator is coming directly from the waterpump. According to the diagram I found on the internet that hose is supposed to be the other end of the crossover pipe and connected to the left radiator. This is where I'm confused. Should that waterpump hose be connected to the Y adapter instead? I may be missing parts...

Some pictures of an actual bike would help me out greatly.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC51 L radiator.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1528  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I have Samco hoses on mine, but except for one hose, they're pretty much the same.

This photo is looking towards the rear cylinder, showing the thermostat with short attached hoses, plus the rear cross-over pipe and attached hoses.

The rear cross-over right hose attaches to the right radiator here.
You can see the thermostat right hose just above the cross-over hose.

The thermostat right hose routes forward, down, and around to attach to the right radiator fitting here.

The rear cross-over left hose attaches to the left radiator fitting here.

The thermostat left hose routes forward near the steering head at fits onto the Y-fitting.
There is a short hose that attaches the left radiator to the Y-fitting, plus another short hose that attaches the Y-fitting to the front cross-over pipe.
The Samco hose replaces the front cross-over pipe and associated short hoses by making all these a one-piece Y hose. But I'm sure you understand.

The front cross-over pipe routes to the right radiator where it's attaches by a short hose.

Front cross-over hose attaching the radiator. Samco hose is one piece.

Last edited by SubSailor; 07-02-2011 at 02:10 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Also it appears you're missing the long thermostat left hose (item 18) to the Y-fitting.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much Subsailor. Those pics are exactly what I needed to know.
The water pump was flipped 180' and I was missing the hose that ran along the left side of the motor. No wonder I couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by Boat; 07-04-2011 at 10:25 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Do you have all the parts you need? I notice it looks like your missing the thermostat housing? Anyways I just removed my whole stock system to replace with front mounts ( i messaged you on ebay about oil cooler fittings) If you need any stock parts let me know
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrbear View Post
Do you have all the parts you need? I notice it looks like your missing the thermostat housing? Anyways I just removed my whole stock system to replace with front mounts ( i messaged you on ebay about oil cooler fittings) If you need any stock parts let me know
Thanks man. I have all the parts now. I went to my buddy's house and he had the rest of the stuff in his garage...

EDIT: If anyone's interested in a very good condition KYA Racing front mount radiator kit, I have it on Ebay (along with a few other tasty bits...). I'm Bayareabiker ...

Last edited by Boat; 07-03-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode