is there a kit to move rear brake under swingarm - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there a kit to move rear brake under swingarm

------------------------------

• Penske triple adjustable shock Moriwaki linkage
  • forks , valves , springs ,top-out mod
  • Moriwaki rearsets
  • Carbon Airbox heatshielding custom K&N panel filter
  • Power Commander USB
  • Galfer superbike full foating rotors - SS braided lines
  • Brembo 19 RCS Adjustable Ratio Radial Brake Master Cylinder
  • DID 520 gold chain
  • CRG folding clutch lever
  • Relocated battery Shortened wiring harness
  • Flapper PAIR EVAP removed
  • Soft Rev limiter removed
  • 15/41 gears 520
  • Vortex clip-ons

Last edited by rc51anthony; 03-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
You can buy one for SP1 & SP2 from www.styleandperformance.it, but note it's specifically for Brembo fitment.

Takes a few weeks to get, but maybe worth the postage & wait from Italy.
Seen other kits on Ebay, but not sure how good they are...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 PM

i bought one from ebay.... it doesnt work at all... then I scored the scotts bracket, havent fitted it yet but hope its good to go!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Brembo Calipers are cheap on Ebay, but reckon on having to make a new braided line too. Tuning's not cheap.
Notice you have a Penske shock & Moriwake linkage. Maybe worth looking into re-valving and re-springing the forks to suit the rear...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Maybe he felt the bike's more nimble because with the Moriwaki link the rear end's now higher than standard and suspension's probably firmer than his too.. With a higher rear you've got more rake and faster steering than his more standard setup

Last edited by The Stig; 09-13-2011 at 12:07 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Scott (http://www.scottsms.com/) used to have them made (I just looked on his site but could not find them). I would send him an email and ask. If you like the OEM braking power you will not like the underbrake. Even Durban says his is not as good as the OEM. I do not use the rear as much as I used to so it is fine for me. I bought my from Scott (could not afford Durban's).

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ladybird used to make one too, not sure if they still do. If you PM simonkobe over on speedzilla he could probably point you in the right direction. And of course Scott from scottsms.com put together a kit but I don't believe he is selling them any longer.

It is not exactly the cheapest thing to do. The bracket will cost you at least $150, and the calipers are $100-$150 depending on which oem Brembo you choose, add $60 for the brake line and you are looking at about $360 at the very least.

You could go cheap and buy the brackets off eBay from china, along with a fake Brembo caliper off eBay from china but why risk it?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51anthony View Post
That is probably the one that cbrbear bought. I can give you my paypal address if you really feel like wasting some money....

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM

I have underslung on my 1000RR and my RC51, no issues with stands and yes that link is what I bought, though I think he accidentally sent me the one that fits 1000RR vice RC51.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
So how do these work folks?? I want to do this as my curiosity is telling me I need to know so I can make a quick tire change swing arm.

This swing arm will be my slowly but surely project.(Anodizing on hold...)

I am getting, well...my body is getting old and tells me from time to time make things easier to work on. Having the underslung brake will allow me to remove/install the rear tire a bit easier.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode