RC51 Forums banner

Right side frame placard

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  b.miller123 
#1 ·
There's supposed to be a rectangular placard on the right side of the upper frame on my SP2, which isn't there. Can anyone tell me what information it has on it? You can see it in the attached picture. Thanks.

-Todd

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i took mine off

#5 ·
I figured it was the VIN, etc. placard. It doesn't happen to have the engine number too, does it? I didn't even know there was an engine number but when I went to change the title over yesterday (from a Idaho title to a Washington title) the DOL pulled that card out of their arse.

The factory sticker on the left side of the frame has a "engine family ID number", I wonder if that's the same thing?

#7 ·
Out of all the vehicles I've transferred titles over in WA, and some out of state, I've never had them ask for an engine number, there isn't even a place for it on the title? I've also had to have vehicles inspected by the state patrol and they have never looked at engine numbers.

Try taking the title to a different DMV, they are not all the same. Some are run by the state and some are private. Usually the private one's don't know their heads from their asses. They also charge you an extra fee and conveniently forget to mention it.

The good thing about them being idiots usually means you can sneak stuff pass them, like registering a dirtbike and getting a plate for it.

#9 ·
Yeah, this is the first I've heard of it too. I bought a bike for my wife last may that was from Colorado and I don't recall them asking about an engine number for that one. I'll go to a different DOL and give them the engine family number if they ask for it again.

What part of Washington are you in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.