#200897 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Going to give my bike a story since it going through such a transformation lately.
Bought it back 2012 after my first deployment. I am the second owner of this Beautiful machine. Originally sold at Woods cycle in Austin Texas it was owned by a very smart electronics installer. I purchased it from him in the fall of 2012 October I believe. It was my first bike so I hadn't really had much sport bike experience. big mistake! I rode it around the area getting used to handling and finally felt comfortable enough to go on a more experienced ride. took off with my roommate in his New BMWs1000rr (nice bike) I was following. to shorten this up I was going faster then I should have been going for my experience. I ended up standing the bike in a corner and attempting to avoid ridding into a creek. (cow creek for those familiar with the area) I scratched up the left side of the bike but never put it down completely. that day I was able to ride back home and spend the next 2 months looking for parts. I lucked out while training in Fort Benning Georgia as I found a Bundle of parts with a Colin Edwars replica race bike for sale. I managed to convince him to sell me everything and $1200 dollars later my bike is back together.

Day one Just picked it up

The rock I parked on when I wrecked

Aftermath

The pile of new parts

While restoring I thought id check this bad boy out. radar detector this bad boy saved my ass so many times.

another shot of it

I will post more of my upgrades soon as I have many parts on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Shit man, I have a similar story, but my roommate had a CBR 1K, he low sided and I stood mine up to avoid him.

Let's she her back together.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Here you go James these are the most recent photos of her. Im working on my own custom undertail and have ordered many goodies within the last month. I will also post those when they arrive.

At White Rock Lake Dallas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode