PC III maps - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PC III maps

Hey guys, just curious what kind of maps you all are running? I have a 2002 and im running the map for my added two brothers highmount pipes. Was wondering if there were any maps out there that everyone seemed to really like. The guy at the Local shop wanted to make me a custom map but he also wanted $400 to do it lol. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 PM

If you found a map specifically for your tb's high mounts then just run that.

And $400 for a custom tune is WAY to much by the way.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Cool thanks.

And yeah thats what i thought too lol.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 AM

Where do you all 'over there' get your maps and Power Commanders from? What's the average price? I'm looking at $500 Aus' ($595 R.R.P.), plus a tune. Lucky for me, an ex-workmate is THE dyno tuning guru in town, so I can count on a good price for a top job.
My cousin eBayed an PC for his Gixxer, map installed, for a lot less than what I can get one from out of my old shop, so I'm considering going down that route.
I've just picked up some beautiful HRC Akrapovic hi rise slipons from one of THE most helpful guys I've ever dealt with(AND he's a member on here, no suprise!), so a PC is a must. I also scored some new K&N's for $20, so I guess they'll go in, too. Flapper mod' to be done as well; should come up a rather smooth, gorgeous sounding tune! I'm expecting a map to suit these mods will still have room to be tuned better by my mate, factoring in altitude etc where I'm at, so I'm looking forward to 'unleashing the beast'!

"Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while,; you might miss it..." F. Bueller
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Well I got my maps right from the PC website. They have a large list of maps already there for you. All you have to do is down load them. Ive heard alot of good things about Akrapovic pipes. Are thye really worth the $$$. I like the sound my Twp Brothers give me but they can get a little annoyingly loud on long rides lol. When you get them installed should take a good video of them so I can hear what they sound like.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rypcord View Post
Well I got my maps right from the PC website. They have a large list of maps already there for you. All you have to do is down load them. Ive heard alot of good things about Akrapovic pipes. Are thye really worth the $$$. I like the sound my Twp Brothers give me but they can get a little annoyingly loud on long rides lol. When you get them installed should take a good video of them so I can hear what they sound like.
The one think I remember about Akra's is that they're a 'classier' note than a lot of other 'open' pipes. Some are just TOO loud, raspy and barky. The Akrapovics are a deeper, 'bassier' note, clearly louder than standard, but they're received well by almost all that hear them. The last bike I had some on didn't do the long distance 'drone' thing that some other brands seem to be known for. The full systems are a work of art; I think all Akrapovic stuff is worth the dollars!
I'll see what I can organise re: vid' of pipes w/sound. As my hot water service just blew up tonight ( -5 degrees in a typical Canberra winter's night), the money I was saving for the PCIII and tuning has been compromised somewhat!!

"Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while,; you might miss it..." F. Bueller
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I was lucky to buy my Akrapovic full system last year during a year-end blowout sale and saved $400 bucks. Only cost me $1400 including free shipping.
The entire system including both carbon-fiber cans and springs is only 14 Lbs (6.2 Kg).
The welds are absolutely beautiful.

I would like to try their new trapezoid cans.
They have them for the Aprilias and sound fantastic.
Maybe I'll put them on the to-do list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode