So here's the bike and chix as we are picking it up:
And here she is when we got her back to the garage
Earlier in the week I got her up onto the lift. By this time the power commander and better condition tank had been "borrowed" for project stitch.
Lets just take a quick look at some of the lovely work here... Here's the electrical tape that has been holding up a wiring harness for some time. That right next to the wonderfully rattle canned upper triple clamp. Yes, that is the entire roll of tape still hanging at the bottom.
How the guy managed to rash up this part of the fork is beyond me. I also noticed that one of the lower pinch bolts is missing...
It doesn't actually look that bad in the picture but this is the wiring for the tail lights. At least 8 butt crimps, all of them I could pull the wires right out, two that had already been pulled out, and twice as much wire as necessary. I'd be surprised if the lights on this thing worked half of the time.
My first bit of work, cleaning up that wiring. It actually looks worse since I haven't re-zip tied everything and put the ECU back in (currently working on a way other than looped zip ties to hold up the undertail).
Other than the work in the back, I've sorted out the "wiring issue" that was keeping it from turning over - blown fuse on the starting circuit. It turns over, but until I get a tank on it I won't get to hear it run, and that has to wait on a new banjo bolt for the fuel line since the old one was stripped out from someone using the wrong size allen on it.
I've also done some little clean up work to fix things the idiot previous owners did. The throttle tube and switch assembly are both pinned into holes in the right hand bar, but the PO had managed to miss the hole, smashing the pin out and mangling the hole for the throttle tube. I had to dremel the pin down on both pieces a little and got that all to fit cleanly. I've also got replacement bolts on the way for the stripped and oxidized ones on there right now.
Finally, I started doing a little clean up work on the rear cylinder head area.