The Ladybird oval slip on exhaust (updated shorter cans) for my RC51 arrived - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Talking The Ladybird oval slip on exhaust (updated shorter cans) for my RC51 arrived

Good news. I just received my RC51 Ladybird oval slip on exhaust for the RC51 from Simonkobe.

These oval cans are shorter than the original version our very helpful member b.miller123 had pictures of on a few forums. No full bike pics currently exist for these shorter versions that I'm aware of. For more background on these cans see my earlier thread here. https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8094

Door to door from Japan to Canada in 5 days. Nice.

First impressions. Wow.... the box is small. Is this my exhaust package? ( I have a few other things coming)
Hmmm... the cans must be fairly short to fit in that.

Unpackaged the exhaust is what everyone has already said.....beautiful craftsmanship, well made, high quality parts/materials and very very light. The expansion and wide diameter pipes/cores (wider than most slip ons) adds to the looks. Very impressive overall.

In my experience the non-polished finish on a lightweight ti can, such as the ladybirds, is more susceptible to scratches and dings than cheaper polished exhaust cans of other materials such as my Jardines. Some extra care with the install and with your feet (or passengers) is recommended to make sure the ladybird cans stay perfect.

I did test fit the left side and it went very smoothly and was excellent.

I'm really happy with my choice of the newer oval Ladybird exhaust for the RC51. The shorter oval can is a big improvement in the look imo. Not as obviously long as the original ovals, not as stunted as short cans out there.

So, I'm guessing from the interest in the earlier thread I should relay the size/length info.

I haven't got around to putting these on the bike and likely won't for a while. I need more time and room. But I still have some good info here.

First pic shows the ladybird exhaust slip on parts. I added a few common objects to demonstrate the length. You can see a standard steak knife at the top on the box. Also shown is a 12 pack pop package and the exhaust is just a little longer than that, less than 1 cm or about 1/3 of an inch longer.

The second pic shows one of the jardine cans from my RC51 compared to the ladybird. The ladybird can is notably shorter.

The third pic show my test fit with a side view showing the jardine exhaust on the front side and the ladybird exhaust on the back side. Note how the ladybirds stop significantly before the end of the tail now. And in comparison to the Jardines.

The fourth and last pic shows my test fit on the left side of the ladybird exhaust. Never mind the cat hair on the exhaust. I have not taken the protective blue plastic off the band yet. The bike is in a corner of a full garage so I didn't have any room to take better shots.

It may be a while, but I'll update this thread with more pics when I get them fully mounted.

Simonkobe has been a pleasure to deal with and I thank him for continuing to support the RC51 community with his products.

There are a few sets of these slip ons left for those interested...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050910s.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	8881   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050918s.jpg
Views:	1051
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	8889   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050922s.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	8897   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050925s.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	8905  

Last edited by kwtoxman; 03-16-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Looking good
Post up a vid of the sound

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Very NICE ! I looked online this past weekend and saw them and thinking about picking up a set shortly . Did you have to pay extra for the mid pipes ? How long did it take to get from Japan to here after you ordered ?

Growing old is mandatory , Growing up is Optional
BOTM / April 2014 , October 2016
Clint / 2000 RC51 #414

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want badly...but I just pm'd a fellow member here about a slipper clutch.

But there's the four inches shorter I was yammering about, dangit!

Exhaust looks really good.

Pm'd you BTW.

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Thx all so far!

CapeCodderRC, Simonkobe had the full slip on oval exhaust (with midpipes) on ebay, but it is gone now.... ?? I don't know how many are left.... PM simonkobe at speedzilla and ebay to see what is available and price.

Nobody, earlier I saw that slipper clutches are still available new for the RC51. I'd say the new ladybird ovals will be harder to find.. Let us know how you go.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Nice!!! Comparison look great too, can't wait for the vid to post up

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looks cool. You should take a side shot of the bike like the one with the jardine can.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They look good!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

2004 RC51
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Dimensional info on the LBP large oval mufflers:

Ladybird Products (LBP) Large Oval Titanium Mufflers:
Exhaust inlet I.D.: 60mm (will work with Akrapovic pipes) reducers can be obtained from SimonKobe to fit other exhaust pipes
Exhaust outlet I.D.: 58mm
Muffler sleeve length: 400mm
Muffler overall length: 510mm
Muffler circumference: 353mm
Muffler spring orientation: Along the long axis of the oval cross-section
Muffler Weight (ea.): .996 Kg
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodderRC View Post
Very NICE ! I looked online this past weekend and saw them and thinking about picking up a set shortly . Did you have to pay extra for the mid pipes ? How long did it take to get from Japan to here after you ordered ?
I just found out that Simon sold his last two sets of midpipes on the weekend for the RC51. Some cans are available but no midpipes. So no complete slip on systems are currently available. I find it a little surprising to see in one weekend that availability went from 3 to 0. Something to note if you hate waiting for things. And Simon is on vacation for all of Nov. The next sets will be available in Jan. Message him as discussed earlier if and/or when you are interested. If someone is really keen he could push for the mids to be produced soon.

It took 5 days receive them.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 10-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode