2004 Gas Tank - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2017, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2004 Gas Tank

My 2004 fell over and dented the left side of the tank. Repair shop wants $500 to fix and said I have to find the Honda wing decal and that it is clear coated over. Local Honda dealer is looking into finding the decal. So I started searching for a new tank and found a few online. Some model say 2004 RVT1000R A and 2004 RVT 1000 AC. What is the difference and any thoughts on getting the repair or a new tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
AC is California model. Tanks are the same. Depends on what your plans are for bike. If tracking it only, then might find a decent used tank for $300 to $400. Most are damaged in some way. If going to keep bike long term, you can get a new tank from partzilla or Honda East Toledo for around $675.00. I would definitely buy new before paying $500 plus decals and clear for yours to be repaired. Probably cost more then new in long run.

Last edited by PlymptonRC51; 11-17-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlymptonRC51 View Post
AC is California model. Tanks are the same. Depends on what your plans are for bike. If tracking it only, then might find a decent used tank for $300 to $400. Most are damaged in some way. If going to keep bike long term, you can get a new tank from partzilla or Honda East Toledo for around $675.00. I would definitely buy new before paying $500 plus decals and clear for yours to be repaired. Probably cost more then new in long run.
Thanks for the info. I found a couple of places on line and I'm going to call tomorrow. When I get the new one, I'll be selling the old one if anyone is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in