Hyper Plates - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hyper Plates

Is anyone using it?..I have ordered from Scott..
I want to know what is the different feel when using it?

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 AM

I'm running them. I really didn't feel a difference basically they're just lighter then standard plates. You will notice its a pain to find nuetral until you break them in. After about 50-100 miles you'll be good. I would do alittle street riding with them 1st before you headed out to the track.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Hmm, that funny..they stated it will increased in pickup...

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Your just lightening up the rotating mass in the clutch basket. In a sense its the same as switching from a 530 chain to a 520. Your losing some weight but when you hammer on the gas could you really tell the difference between the two? You might notice a difference with the hyperplates I'm just telling you that I didn't. Either way its a good buy cause your shedding weight and losing weight is the best mod you can do to the 51
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

To lose some weight on the RC is way expensive..well my next buying will be slipper clutch from Europe sellin at 480 euro..

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I haven't got around to installing my Hyperplates yet.
It took three months (at least) to even receive mine.
I talked to the owner of manufacturer last year and a German company bought out his entire inventory.
He said it was a love/hate relationship, that while he made a lot of money, he now had to re-stock his inventory from scratch. Hence the delay.

Speaking of rotating mass, I'll be checking price/availability on Durbahn's clutch basket when I get a chance.
It's about 2-2.5 lbs. lighter than stock. That's a large change, so shifts should be much better I'd think.

Also for the racers, he also makes a lightweight racing alternator and flywheel kit.
Now that will definitely allow the engine to rev quicker.

Before the thought occurs, he flatly states it won't work on the street as it doesn't generate enough output at street rev levels to charge the battery with lights on.
At the higher revs used on the track (no lights of course) it charges fine.

Now if he could somehow meet the two halfway and lighter flywheel for street use, I'd be interested.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Sub keep me informed of the price..any others source making clutch basket?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty max View Post
Sub keep me informed of the price..any others source making clutch basket?
Sorry, but no. Only Durbahn to my knowledge.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

So far Scott have'nt reply me back. I was informed that he only have full carbon airbox & he's waiting for hyper plate to arrive so that he can shipped it over to me...As for Brett owner of Turnone will be back in Australia by 25 Aug..

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:19 AM

If you're planning on using Hyperplates with a slipper clutch, be sure to inspect your plates more frequently.
I say this only due to other message board threads where a fellow damaged his clutch when using this combination.
The slipper clutch overheated the Hyperplates and they started disintegrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode