Jardine 2:1, is it worth it? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jardine 2:1, is it worth it?

Is it a better system then stock? I can buy a new system for $300. Any power loss or gains? Any info would be great. I know the weight savings alone should be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 PM

For $300, the weight loss alone is worth it.

-Tony B
00 RC51
06 Evo IX
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM

If you don't give me the contact info and I will buy it... as long as it will fit my SP1!!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 PM

I have this system. I love it. The weight savings alone are indeed worth the price. I first installed it with out a power comander. It definitley added something according to my "highly calibrated seat of the pants dyno".

Once I got the power comander hooked up and a good map installed it became far better! The system is the only real mod I have. The only other mods are the flapper and pair mods.

I highly recomend this system. It sounds amazing. I prefer the look of a single can as well.

The only thing I don't care for is the length of the can. But I am going to cut it down, so that's not an issue.

Mythic44
05 GSX-R 1000
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

it saves some weight and i am also working on a larger pipe size 2-1 which will offer better gains in the low end i thinx over the jardine

I like 2 cans myself but the weight savings and one less can to smash is hard to look past
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
you will get better gains with an aftermarket 2-2 system, but the jardine 2-1 is definitely an upgrade from stock. Just be careful, not to sure how it is with the honda twins but i know Aprilia twins see no gains and can potentially even lose power with 2-1 exhausts.....even there single cans were a compressed version of a shotgun style can for that reason, and any true 2-2 full system on that bike makes it feel like a completely different bike.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to fishfire
Quoted from Rogue:

The 2-1 exhaust fad

I disagree with the entire premise of this more midrange power with a 2-1
update: the dyno charts are proving me right...

I have seen many 2-1 systems yield better topend hp & weaken the mid-range like on the Erion Superhawk & numerous Hawk GT systems. That's not to say that with enough piping & tubing you could get just about any result ya want, but it will most likely be a point of diminishing return as the overall power output will most likely be significantly lower (if you were to purposely build an exhaust just to prove a point)

I firmly believe that on the HRC Superbikes that the extra length of piping is taking the jerk out of the mid-range making it a less powerful hit of power & thus more useable, but not "more" mid-range power. Along with that I suppose that top-end may be suffering some, but with 190hp on tap I guess you could stand to lose a couple here or there.

Either way I think alot of people are going to be dissapointed when the final product comes around & it doesn't give you this miraculous mid-range power gain that you have all been dreaming about.

Several manufacturers are currently working on 2-1 exhaust for the RC51, once some of them are on the open market & we can test them then I may need to revise this page, but until I am proven wrong I will stick to what I learned over the years.

Update 06/05/02: The Erion 2-1 full exhaust on the 02 bike is producing dismal power curves even worse than stock & has several issues with overheating the motor as well as scorching the single cannister.

Update 07/18/02:dyno charts of the Erion 2-1 with a terrible mid-range dip

Jardine has admitted that they are having problems with the mid-range with their 2-1 system & Arrow is being very tight lipped about their 2-1 after having made a big showing of the prototype many months ago which to me is most likely indicative of their failed attempts or at least performance issues stemming from the design.

UPDATE: Jardine has released their 2-1 full system & the performance numbers aren't bad, nothing spectacular, but no major drops in performance either. A few owners have commented that it leaves a flat spot in the mid-range, but overall with a price tag of $499 it sounds like a pretty good deal for those that want more performance than stock, less weight (credible reports have it at a whopping 19lbs of weight savings & a price tag of $390) & something fairly unique dyno chart for Jardine 2-1 another dyno chart for Jardine 2-1 supplied by an actual owner (the mid-range dip is pretty severe on this one). There have also been numerous issues of the welded tab breaking off on them as seen here 2-1 Jardine broke.

http://www.rc51.org/

Mods: Erion Cans, flapper valve system removed, PAIR removed, Turn One airbox, PCIII usb with custom map

130.8 Bhp & 76.7 Ft/lb torque @ the wheel

I live with fear everyday........but sometimes she lets me race!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

i have a full 2-1 with larger piping that has taken forever about ready and it will outperform the jardine i bets and it comes with custom cans

i don't personally like the look of the 2-1 but the weight savings and price can't be ignored IMO
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgrn View Post
i have a full 2-1 with larger piping that has taken forever about ready and it will outperform the jardine i bets and it comes with custom cans

i don't personally like the look of the 2-1 but the weight savings and price can't be ignored IMO
could you post some pics or a video of the finished product?

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin chief View Post
could you post some pics or a video of the finished product?
i will for sure.

they will come as standard with ceramic coating in either silver or semi gloss black(worth $300). They are a larger pipe size to increase midrange power and i hope some top end too

the mufflers can be made custom as always there are plenty to choose from.

I also have slip-ons and stuff now for the 51 and the only pics i have the 2-1 are prototypes. the final finished version will be done by end of this coming week and off for cercamic coating then to its owner so maybe two weeks until some mounted unbiased finished pics.

I expect the cost to be between $650-$750 depending on muffler choice.

I am doing 2 finals now, 1 for me and 1 for a good guy/friend and from then on they will be a special order item with a two week wait once ordered.

I will also be offering a high mount mid pipe version for those who are looking for it and it will retro fit the lower mount headers so you can swap them if you like too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode