power commander on the way - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tommysixgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
power commander on the way

I just ordered a power commander 3 anyone got a hot tip on where to get a nice map for it online! I have the flapper mod, K&Ns and a stock exhausts. Although I am thinking of ordering some standard mount 2bros slip ons (Thats the only exhaust I can find for my sp1)
Tommysixgun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixgun View Post
I just ordered a power commander 3 anyone got a hot tip on where to get a nice map for it online! I have the flapper mod, K&Ns and a stock exhausts. Although I am thinking of ordering some standard mount 2bros slip ons (Thats the only exhaust I can find for my sp1)
The Power Commander website has some for the RC. There are several configurations. I would still recommend a custom map, but one of the listed maps on the PC website should get you by.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tommysixgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea I'm going to have to look for a tuning center.
Tommysixgun is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
http://www.hordpower.com/

These guys are just about the best there is with RC51s in your area.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tommysixgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks madbuyer hordpower sounds cool. I looked at their site himmm.. their head porting service sounds interesting!
Tommysixgun is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Found this on RC51.org
00-01 PCIIIr Maps
Below is a downloadable zip file containing all current custom PCIII maps we have for the 2000-2001 RC51.
If you have a PCIII USB instead of a PCIII there is a function in the software that will import & convert the .map extensions to .djm

Zip file of all custom 00-01 PCIII maps

They are as follows:

Description File Name
2000-2001 Sato Low Mounts sato00-01low1.map
2000-2001 Sato Slip-ons Rev 7 RC3rsatokyle7.map
Moriwaki High Mount Slip-ons RC3rmorihikyle1.map
go to the mods link at http://www.rc51.org/

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixgun View Post
Thanks madbuyer hordpower sounds cool. I looked at their site himmm.. their head porting service sounds interesting!
I fully agree, a good head job is always in order.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Tommysixgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Found this on RC51.org
00-01 PCIIIr Maps
Below is a downloadable zip file containing all current custom PCIII maps we have for the 2000-2001 RC51.
If you have a PCIII USB instead of a PCIII there is a function in the software that will import & convert the .map extensions to .djm

Zip file of all custom 00-01 PCIII maps

They are as follows:

Description File Name
2000-2001 Sato Low Mounts sato00-01low1.map
2000-2001 Sato Slip-ons Rev 7 RC3rsatokyle7.map
Moriwaki High Mount Slip-ons RC3rmorihikyle1.map
go to the mods link at http://www.rc51.org/
I wish I could find a set of Sato cans
Tommysixgun is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixgun View Post
I wish I could find a set of Sato cans
Who doesn't. The original with the small gold oval name plate

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Sato's are too loud, they sound like a NASCAR when they go by....

No, I am not selling mine. Keep looking, you may get lucky...I did.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome